Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HID Conversion Kit

J

jrizz1

Has anyone purchased the HID head light conversion kits off of ebay? They sell for about $72. They come with a wiring harness and a ballast box. They claim to not put fault codes on the computor. They differ in brightness from pure white, (lowest) to blue, (highest). I have seen the conversion on a friends Grand Prix. The quality seems good and night vision greatly increased. Any thoughts from anyone who has them.

I have not used them but they are on my 'list'. I have read many posts on another forum where lots of people have purchased them and they are very happy. I'd be happy to PM you the link to the particular seller that everyone has been using.

HID Conversion Kits

I have not used them but they are on my 'list'. I have read many posts on another forum where lots of people have purchased them and they are very happy. I'd be happy to PM you the link to the particular seller that everyone has been using.

Yes, I am interested in the site to purchase the kit.

Last time I checked these out they were several hundred dollars. The price has really come down. Are they the same type of product and the same quality as the ones a year ago?

You hear a lot about light spatter with those. I think I would want to retrofit the actual projectors in the stock housings.

Hey JR How ya doing? I need to be educated, what is light spatter? Have you seen projectors that fit in the stock housings? Maybe even fit a C4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hear a lot about light spatter with those. I think I would want to retrofit the actual projectors in the stock housings
You are absolutly corect.
The mechanics of a HID bulb generate a crescent like source of light which is very different of one generated by a halogen bulb. Your halogen lights have reflectors calibrated to the "sweet spot" of a halogen bulb, that is why the light pattern is disrupted when applying HID bulb in a halogen housing. The lights will focus differently and there can be an inconsistent light fill affect. Even if the lights seam brighter in many cases they actually decrease your ability to see at night. This is a very lame description and there is lots of info on the subject on the net. Try to read up on the subject before throwing out your money on something you might not like. Regards, Zig.

Hey JR How ya doing? I need to be educated, what is light spatter? Have you seen projectors that fit in the stock housings? Maybe even fit a C4.
Hey Bill! There are a couple of guys on some other forums that have retrofit the projectors in stock C5 housings and have posted some DIY's. I haven't seen anything on a C4.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom