Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

high mileage 84

MSD

Found one advertised at a dealership near me with 131,000 miles for 3600. I want to check it out some time this week. Any tips for the motor that I should look for?

Found one advertised at a dealership near me with 131,000 miles for 3600. I want to check it out some time this week. Any tips for the motor that I should look for?

Welcome aboard:w

I'd suggest pm'ing Geekinavette...... mans a walking database on those crossfires. Just don't ask anything about resonance:boogie

Scott

Thanks Scott.. I was going to do a carfax report on it and it had 11 items on it so I'll pass on this one

Thanks Scott.. I was going to do a carfax report on it and it had 11 items on it so I'll pass on this one
Ha,Ha,Ha;LOL;LOLIt may be 11 License Renewals or Emissions Inspections!!! This is just 1 way the Auto History co's screw There Self,Sellers And You in a round about way!! They tell you so many records have been found,thinking you will spend $ finding out what they are!! Automatically you think the car has been wrecked 11 times or been in trouble someway,and decide to pass on it without looking!! Hell the car may be the deal of the Century but will Never know!!:boogie:thumb :D:D:D

Ha,Ha,Ha;LOL;LOLIt may be 11 License Renewals or Emissions Inspections!!! This is just 1 way the Auto History co's screw There Self,Sellers And You in a round about way!! They tell you so many records have been found,thinking you will spend $ finding out what they are!! Automatically you think the car has been wrecked 11 times or been in trouble someway,and decide to pass on it without looking!! Hell the car may be the deal of the Century but will Never know!!:boogie:thumb :D:D:D

Boy Howdy ;)
When I was looking at purchasing "Abby" I did a car search, paid the $$ and almost passed, but upon looking at the records, there was NOTHING that really scared me :eek, well except being auctioned off in St. Louis (it was also purchased New in St. Louis), bought by a car dealer in NH, then purchased by someone in NH, then traded in NH, seems poor "Abby" was having trouble finding a good home. WELL I KNOW WHY... :chuckle

The report never mentioned the ROUGH Ride nor did it mention the "Shock Stuffers" were still installed, after 25,000 miles :eyerole

We be happy :D with her now :Steer and Abby has a home for life :upthumbs :dance (Rare is still #1 and the Senior Dog in this Kennel) ;)

Bud

NOTHING that really scared me :eek, well except being auctioned off in St. Louis (it was also purchased New in St. Louis), bought by a car dealer in NH,

Bud
Gee sh Bud,What do you think dealers should do with them,Drive them off a Cliff!!:boogie There is such a influx of Nice Traded in Vehicles now days they have to get rid of the some how!! I've been to Auto Auctions out around you that there would be 300-400 Dually 4x4 Diesel P/U Trucks alone!!!;LOL;LOL;LOL :D:D:D

:w Jesse,

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way, what I was trying to point out was the Number of Ownership changes, and being bought in Missouri, then within a year bought and traded again, in NEW HAMPSHIRE :eek That kind of spooked me, but nothing in the maintenance or repair ;)

:D
Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom