Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Holy Cow!!!

Ronald said:
:eek First there was shock.
Followed by disbelief :confused
Then there was my gut reaction :puke
Next, anger (how could anyone due such a thing) :mad
I questioned - why oh why did this happen - what had the car done to deserve such a fate? :hb
Finally, there was acceptance when I realized it takes all kinds ;troll

Now, I'm ok with it. :eyerole I just hope it doesn't show up in my neighbourhood, or nightmares! ;)

Good one. ;LOL

This is a perfect example of what can happen when "your brain is on drugs". Kinda like the results of an automotive design class on LSD.

Fuelie said:
This is a perfect example of what can happen when "your brain is on drugs". Kinda like the results of an automotive design class on LSD.

"Don't take the brown acid...stay away from the brown acid"

Enjoying a Kuba Kuba from VNV and thinking......

It'll buff out.

I'm in :W

67HEAVEN said:
It's difficult to determine which is the scariest photo angle. There are so many to choose from. :rotfl

This is the one that will give me nightmares.
63_custom28.JPG

It hurts my eyes just to look and I can't believe someone bid on it. But beauty must be in the eye of the beholder. I can't come up with any redeming qualities to mention in this post, parts car to expensive????????

Ronald said:
:eek First there was shock.
Followed by disbelief :confused
Then there was my gut reaction :puke
Next, anger (how could anyone due such a thing) :mad
I questioned - why oh why did this happen - what had the car done to deserve such a fate? :hb
Finally, there was acceptance when I realized it takes all kinds ;troll

Now, I'm ok with it. :eyerole I just hope it doesn't show up in my neighbourhood, or nightmares! ;)

Couldnt have said it better.. :eek

74bigblock said:
.... which is probably a close buddy, family member, or himself on another ebay account!

Wouldn't they have to pay some kind of commissoin to EBAY? I've never used ebay but I hear a lot of people bid up etc. Wouldn't they have to pay something to ebay on 15K if they win? Just curious how it works.

I half expect some little monster vet to burst out of the top of this car and start cobbling up the vet next to it :)

when you sell on Ebay you pay a listing fee and a final value fee which is a percentage of the selling costs. I have never sold a car on Ebay, so I don't know for sure; they may have different percentages for higher value items.

twoseater said:
Wouldn't they have to pay some kind of commissoin to EBAY? I've never used ebay but I hear a lot of people bid up etc. Wouldn't they have to pay something to ebay on 15K if they win? Just curious how it works.

I half expect some little monster vet to burst out of the top of this car and start cobbling up the vet next to it :)
I sold my 61 on Ebay, and as Bossvette mentioned there is a listing fee and a final valuation fee. I don't remember exatly what it cost but I felt it was very reasonable, actually inexpensive might be a better word.

bossvette said:
when you sell on Ebay you pay a listing fee and a final value fee which is a percentage of the selling costs. I have never sold a car on Ebay, so I don't know for sure; they may have different percentages for higher value items.

The final value fee for cars is not a percentage of the final price. THe listing fee is $40 or $45 and so is the final value fee. So over all it is really cheap.

oWEN

Uh - what do you suppose the grind marks under the vin tag mean - and shouldnt the tag have rosette rivets or some such?? Hmmmm

'63 and '64 VIN plates were spot-welded, and the brace was hit first with a grinder to expose bare metal to get a better weld. Pop-rivets didn't start until 1965, and they used plain ordinary round-head pop-rivets until mid-'65, when they changed to rosette-head rivets.

:beer

You guys wouldn't mind if I made a 4X4 out of that would you? Can't make it much worse than it already is.......

You guys wouldn't mind if I made a 4X4 out of that would you? Can't make it much worse than it already is.......

That's a good idea, I think it would be an improvement.

Now I wish I had bought it and made a 4X4 out of it. Oh well. :duh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom