Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hood light switch

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]you must be following me like white on rice...[/QUOTE]

Who, lil' ole me? A Stalker? :D ;LOL

MWAH-HA-HA-HA!!! You won't know where or when I might swoop in!

hehehehehehehe

-Patrick

Patrick said:
Who, lil' ole me? A Stalker? :D ;LOL

MWAH-HA-HA-HA!!! You won't know where or when I might swoop in!

hehehehehehehe

-Patrick

=======================================================
Its ok...I'm assuming that you got me locked in ...red flagged..typed...sometimes this place can get so boring that you need someone like me to freshen it up...and also... you never can tell who YOU are being watched by and tracked by either.....:D :D :D (have you checked outside your window lately?...or looked down the street late at night? or looked over your shoulder lately to see if you are being followed?...something to think about:D )...now that would be "stalking"...but here on the CAC Forum its not "stalking"...its just sorta looking for interesting posts and conversation...by interesting people:)

Kenny,
I feel completely secure in predicting that no one will EVER describe you as un-interesting. You are one of the most interesting contributors to the C5 forums. I have to work at just keeping up with you. ;)

:w
-Patrick

Patrick said:
Kenny,
I feel completely secure in predicting that no one will EVER describe you as un-interesting. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You are one of the most interesting contributors to the C5 forums.<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I have to work at just keeping up with you. ;)

:w
-Patrick

Patrick..wow..
(wheres the blush /embarrassed smiley).......
In that case... do I owe you a fee for all of the extra effort it takes to keep up with me....if so just let me know how much.....:) :w

By a strange quirk of fate, the fee is exactly the same as the sticker price on a new C6 Z06 :D

I do accept money orders and major credit cards. And cash is always quite welcome. :L

-Patrick

Patrick said:
By a strange quirk of fate, the fee is exactly the same as the sticker price on a new C6 Z06 :D

I do accept money orders and major credit cards. And cash is always quite welcome. :L

-Patrick

Consider this final payment>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$75,000.....:D ..check is in teh(the) mail...mail sent to BFE.....:L

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]Guess what...I know I saw a toggle switch and harness that Ecklers or Mid America made just for the under the hood light...and its easy to hook up..just look in one of the catalogs...its there somewhere or call Ecklers or Mid Americas toll free numbers and talk with them..they can help you I'm sure:beer[/QUOTE]

Found part in Mid America, but for C3 & C4
http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.1077 C4

http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.1195 C3

C4 part has a heap of wire which could be cut down. Not sure if connectors are compatable to C5's

C3 part looks like a good length but the connectors may not be compatable, they could be changed to match the C5 connectors. It has a great little toggle switch which would work perfectly. I assume I need the dual terminal. I will have to pop the hood and verify the number of feeds on the existing connector

BlueMan said:
Anyone know if there is an aftermarket hood light switch that snaps inline with the light power line & the harness to shut off the underhood light when you are showing the engine compartment at a cruise or a show. Unplugging it from the harness is a pain in the butt each time. Maybe I'm just lazy. Or does anyone know how to make one?

Thanks.
i think the underhood lights should go out after about 15 minutes or so anyway. i think mid america has an inline switch harness for the c4 underhood lights, so they might have one for the c5.

(no flames, just my 2 cents) - unplug them and leave them unplugged. how often do you need to check something under the hood in the dark anyway? besides if you do need the light, you can just plug them in as needed. they have been unplugged on my c4 and c5's now for years now, and i can say i've never needed them for anything.

Joe C said:
i think the underhood lights should go out after about 15 minutes or so anyway. i think mid america has an inline switch harness for the c4 underhood lights, so they might have one for the c5.

(no flames, just my 2 cents) - unplug them and leave them unplugged. how often do you need to check something under the hood in the dark anyway? besides if you do need the light, you can just plug them in as needed. they have been unplugged on my c4 and c5's now for years now, and i can say i've never needed them for anything.

That suggestion reminds me of the space pen story.

During the heat of the space race in the 1960's, NASA decided it needed
a ball point pen to write in the zero gravity confines of its space
capsules. After considerable research and development, the Astronaut Pen
was developed at a cost of $1 million U.S. The pen worked and also
enjoyed some modest success as a novelty item back here on earth.

The Soviet Union, faced with the same problem, used a pencil.

;LOL

Joe C said:

One thing to watch out for when you leave your connector unplugged--it tends to catch water in it and starts to corrode. I found that the connector on mine was unplugged from the dealer and had a lot of corrosion on the terminals--it seems that the deionized water used to wash the car seems to speed up the corrosion process. I cleaned it out thoroughly and applied dielectric grease in the connector to protect the terminals. I've found it extremely easy to just unplug the connector when I don't want it coming on.

One switch you may consider using is a simple household thumbwheel-type inline switch. The problem with that (and the rocker-type switch shown in a pic) is that it is NOT a weatherproof switch... ...of course, you could always coat the thing with dielectric grease...

:beer

Quick Solution

BlueMan said:
Anyone know if there is an aftermarket hood light switch that snaps inline with the light power line & the harness to shut off the underhood light when you are showing the engine compartment at a cruise or a show. Unplugging it from the harness is a pain in the butt each time. Maybe I'm just lazy. Or does anyone know how to make one?

Thanks.

Cut one wire and put it back together with a bullet connector. Un snap the connector when you want the light off.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom