Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hood light

Moore551

In process of changing to led light under hood. Initially worked but now neither new led nor original bulbs work. No fuse issues. Suggestions?

Welcome to CAC..

As you didn't mention anything other than it doesn't work and the fuse is good... The first test is there electricity at the contacts?

Have you tried shutting the hood and opening it again? I think that the hood light might time out like the trunk light. LED bulbs are polarity sensitive also, try swapping ends, your incandescent bulb could have gone bad by just removing it.

Have you tried shutting the hood and opening it again? I think that the hood light might time out like the trunk light...

The hood light definitely times out to prevent battery drain.

I've noticed on my '04 that sometimes the gravity switch (for lack of a better term) inside the light housing will stick in the "OFF" position and it takes a bit of a jolt to loosen it so that it will move to the "ON" position when the hood is opened. I can hear the switch contact sliding or rolling when it's functioning properly and I lift or lower the hood.

Have you tried shutting the hood and opening it again? I think that the hood light might time out like the trunk light.

X2, the hood light does time out.. And no, I've never timed it.... ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom