Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hood Quality?

C3Vette Lady

Corvette
1981 Red Coupe, 1973 Big BlockStingray
My bud wants to know if anyone has had any experience with hoods as far as good brands vs. bad brands. He got one but returned it due to poor quality. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hey Lanelle it's great seeing you here ;)

I did a quick search on "L88 Hoods" and here is a pretty good thread that covers a couple different hoods with links to view a few.. Hoods

BudD
:bu :w

i bought mine from eckler's for about $550.00. it fit nice and was ready to paint when i received it. they have a fairly large selection of hoods to choose from. give them a try, they treated me good.

Hood

Thanks for the help. Always good to know which company sells good brands and quality! Hey, do you get to drive your car up north very much? My dad who raised me lives up there and when I visit I rarily see any vettes.

I drive every chance I get! There are some people that drive all year, but I won't put my car through that torture. Vettes up here are more of novelty item than daily drivers. Surprizingly there is a high Vette population, but they only come out when the weather is nothing short of perfect. With all the rain in the summers and my work weeks, I usually get 100 or so days of driving a year. at least it forces me to play with the other toys in the shed. Good luck on the hood hunt, Brian

C3 Vette Lady,

I also have an aftermarket hood on my car (the stock hood, but with a 2" raised cowl). It's fun because it still looks stock except to the discerning eye. I still have my original shipping box that it arrived in. If I can remember (or feel free to bug me about it!), I'll see who it came from directly and maybe you can save yourself a few bucks by cutting out the middleman (Corvette Central, Ecklers, etc...). Likely they all get their hoods from the same mfg.

I got my L88 hood from JCWhitney. It's made by Legendary cars and the fit was excellent and the price unbeatable.

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom