Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hooker headers...

some pics

Here's a pic with the sidepipes installed. I didn't put the rocker panels back on, yet.
DSCF0333.JPG

The next 2 pics show the header clearance. Close in a couple places, but most other areas are great.

DSCF0328.JPG

Please excuse the off-color hoses and messy wiring. This is a project car!
DSCF0332.JPG

I was a little worried about frying a plug wire, so I installed some custom looms. I also numbered the wires (at the distrib. end) for easy connections. Since I cannot remember where the wires go on the distrib., I wrote the number on the cap with a sharpie, right where the wire covers it. (So no one knows I'm a dummy!) ;)

Thats awsome Vic, Good job, Really beefed up your cars profile. Whats your paint scheme? Have the Hookers changed your paint plan?

Looks good Vic. If you pull those plug wires into the center area with the boots pointing toward the middle area the wires curve around the tubes and give you some more clearance. The wire comes off the loom and kind of creates an S shape way from the header, around the tube and back to the plug.

plug_wires_passenger_side.jpg

You simply cannot imagine how much I HATE

you sidepiped bastiddz!!!! :drool: :BOW :_rock

I almost wish my current pipes didn't work so well....

$770? Really??? How much can the STS's be had for?

(This coming from a guy with a disassyed engine, maxed CC's, a ripped top and "Paint Designs By Krylon".....:D )

Wayne,
I paid $1150 for my pipes, but consider that is with the headers and sidepipes coated by Jet-Hot with their 'Sterling' heat-coating. I saved $110 by not buying any mufflers, and instead purchased STS spiral baffles for $335. $1500 is alot of money, but consider that I've now got a great performing exhaust system that will last me a very long time. I shouldn't have to worry about that system anymore and can concentrate on other things.

69vettster,
the pipes do not alter my paint scheme. In fact, about 8 years ago, I sketched up my car the way I wanted it to look like. I tried various color schemes and settled on the one I like best. My car still needs some additional body panels before I am completely satisfied, but that will come in due time. My biggest concern is to get this running ultra-smooth and dependable, then I won't feel bad sinking some serious bucks into it at one time, instead of here and there.

Bob,
I did a double-take on your engine! That is so funny that we have the same type of wire looms. It looks like you cut some of the metal away from yours too! (to allow the wires to drop straight down.) I positioned my black wire holders a little more towards the centers on mine, so the wires don't need to snake down. I just drop them down, then they make a little turn. I think they are pretty safe right now.

I just very happy that I finally got these things on and they fit!!

By the way, I installed them with 2 floor jacks and 2 jackstands. I could have done it with only 1 jack, but 2 made it faster. I jacked up the entire passenger side first, replaced jacks with stands, then installed the header. Then jacked down and went to other side. Piece of cake.

It will likely be about 2 weeks before I add anything else visible on the car. If I am lucky, I will bring it out and get a much needed 4 wheel alignment done soon. I replaced both trailing arms with new ones. I'm sure it needs it!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom