Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Horn Relay

bb2kksy

Corvette
1979 Dark Blue T-Top
I think the horn relay has gone bad, but I am having trouble locating it. I know where it is not . The vette is a 1979 T-Top. The horn and radio stopped working about the same time. Fuzes are good, hazard flashers work , they use same DC source as the horn. Any ideas would be helpful.

Not sure of location on a '79 model, but on earlier models, the horn relay is located under the hood on the driver side front wheel well. Should be a small unit with 3 or so wires to it. One should be a heavy red wire, which is the positive power wire to the relay. There may be other power leads off of the horn relay to other items under the hood, like the wipers. Before just changing the relay, check for power at the relay. Instead of a bad relay, you may have a bad fusible link. A fusible link is like a inline fuse of sorts, located outside of the fuse block. Suspect a bad fusible link whenever you have several things quit working at the same time.

on the '81's they are down by the fuse panel..

AIM shows it on the main dash wiring harness above the fuse block.

79001.jpg

:w

Thank you for all the help. As soon as it warms up again I will check on all locations. I am a 6'6" person and old so getting down low enough to look under the dash takes warm weather and some work.Must have taken a stupid pill and forgot to look in my AIM book. Thanks for the reminder.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom