Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Horns! —— Loud A.. Horns!

Donne Trav

Corvette
1994 Blk/Blk
Several years ago, I replaced my '94 stock horns with a pair of, older
Buick horns. They were suggested because of their "loudness". They were louder than the stock horns, but I'm realizing they're not loud
enough. When I "honk" at those drivers, drifting in my lane or just plain cutting me off, I want to know that they heard my "loud a.. horn". With my music playing and their windows up, it's hard to tell. Anyone out there have any suggestions and/or where-abouts of getting a "loud as can be horn" for my '94? Thanks so much.

I agree that stock vette horns stink. Other than that all I can say is Loud Pipes save Lives.

Several years ago, I replaced my '94 stock horns with a pair of, older
Buick horns. They were suggested because of their "loudness". They were louder than the stock horns, but I'm realizing they're not loud
enough. When I "honk" at those drivers, drifting in my lane or just plain cutting me off, I want to know that they heard my "loud a.. horn". With my music playing and their windows up, it's hard to tell. Anyone out there have any suggestions and/or where-abouts of getting a "loud as can be horn" for my '94? Thanks so much.

Part of the problem is that the vette horms are boxed in...they are fairly loud when the hood is open, just muted when its down.

You could move one or both to the bottom of the lower baffle in front of the condensor. That leaves them projecting outward instead of inside the nose where they are sealed off. Maybe a higher pitch on one of them?

I put air horns in an MG, they came with a small electric compressor and were REALLY LOUD. Enough to cause wackos to sometimes weave around. :)

I put air horns in an MG, they came with a small electric compressor and were REALLY LOUD. Enough to cause wackos to sometimes weave around. :)

lol...
I was thinking of a P.A. system, but my luck I'd say the wrong thing with a plain cloths officer sitting next to me..

Still,

It would truely be fun to yell -> HEY...YOU SOB!..:rotfl

or perhaps

...."Driver of the blue honda, pull over and wait for the patrol car to arrive".....

lol...
I was thinking of a P.A. system, but my luck I'd say the wrong thing with a plain cloths officer sitting next to me..

Still,

It would truely be fun to yell -> HEY...YOU SOB!..:rotfl

or perhaps

...."Driver of the blue honda, pull over and wait for the patrol car to arrive".....
The urge to voice my road rage is why I want for the air horns.

Google Stebel Horns. I have used them on motorcycles and belive me you can wake the dead with them.

Wolo makes a compact dual tone air horn (530 & 680 hz) that has a built in compressor, and it's loud (118db)! About $40.

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom