Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hot Rod 63 in primer

henny496

Corvette
1963 Corvette coupe(pro street)
Hello
My car came back home from the bodyshop last Friday. It is in urethane primer with a bit of a flame pattern on it. I am going to add one more lick on the flame, it is not the design I will keep when it is painted, but the final design is complicated just for primer. ( I may not even use flames when it comes time for paint)
I am going to drive it like this until I sort the car out. The car has had a lot of alterations to it, so the body will probably shrink or even crack in a few spots
I am going to see my engine guy on Friday. Right now I am starting to assemble some of the car
I would like to take it out for some test passes at the track this fall. I think I want to sort out the bugs before I put it on the road, plus do some more detail work on the car
take care
Tom\
oh yeah......I am going to be broke in another month, so that is going to slow things down LOL

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/henny496/At%20the%20bodyshop/

Fantastic, Tom. :upthumbs

She looks downright mean.

:w

Hello
With all the trouble the ricers have caused for anyone with a modified car, I don't want to be within 500 feet of one
With the Doug Nash crash box and slicks,( at the race track, impossible to beat this car on the street) this will be a tad wild on the launch. I have an adjustable clutch which I had set up for my combo, but it will still be a hard launching, parts breaking car.
take care
Tom

Too cool for words. :upthumbs

Hello
I am looking forward to being able to drive the car. We hope to go to the track in Sept and I will just basically drive the car at first....nothing fancy
If it feels Ok, I will try it a little harder and so on. I will not be able to drive the car to it's full potential at first, since the launch is going to be hard to get used to. The 1/2 shift will be really quick and probably where and when everything will go wrong if it is going to
If it works out OK, I will work on any little pcs that need attention over the winter and then just go cruising with it for next summer. I probably won't take it back to the track until the end of next season( if it is sorted out this year)
I basically want to just have some fun with it for a while. Racing it will get expensive and I already know it will be hard on parts
Cruising will be a really big thrill. I don't have to beat it up just to have fun
With all of the Fast and Furious type drivers out on Ontario hwys, right now , things are heating up with the police and those types. Unfortunately, it seems to appear that everyone with a modified car is under scrutiny
Just because you have a car capable of going quite fast, that does not mean that you will drive it in that manner on a public highway
Hot Rods are built to have fun/cruise in, and that is exactly what I intend to do
take care
Tom
I will post pics or see if I can get a video of the car when it is up and running

Tom, that is one bad ass looking car......I want a ride!!!!:bar

Nice work Henny,

I know she'll be fun the first time you take her down the strip. Sorta like a first date. Don't want to press her to hard. Keep us posted. Always nice to see the progress you've made.
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom