Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Houston man says tire shop ruined classic Corvette

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
  • HOUSTON — A local couple is blaming a Houston tire shop for ruining their Christmas.

They said workers at Sam’s Club damaged the husband’s vintage corvette — a new gift from his wife.

I think the guy is full of sh.....beans. All original, 327/375hp fuel injected with teak wheel and factory air? ;squint: I don't think air was available on FI cars in 65. I could be wrong, so set me straight if I am. :eyerole I'm thinking the guy is out to get something fixed that wasn't right before he took it to Sam's.;shrug

While there might be a grain of truth (ie: minor crack if someone reefed on the fender), I'm having a hard time imagining how that would damage the hood and the nose. Methinks someone is trying to take Sam's Club for a ride.

Mac

Some of those cracks look pretty old, and pulling up on the fenders will not delaminate the under hood braces.

This guy is supposed know older corvettes, then why did he go to Sam's Club to get tires? That would be considered a rookie mistake. Nothing is adding up here.......:)

What a crock.

I think the guy is full of sh.....beans. All original, 327/375hp fuel injected with teak wheel and factory air? ;squint: I don't think air was available on FI cars in 65. I could be wrong, so set me straight if I am. :eyerole I'm thinking the guy is out to get something fixed that wasn't right before he took it to Sam's.;shrug

Tom
FI was available as an option in 1965 as well as A/C. 771 Corvettes with the 375 hp engine with fuel injected were manufactured in 1965. Actually A/C was a factory option in late 1963 and also 1965 (RPO # C-60). A lady in my Corvette Club (circa 1968) in KC had a 64 coupe with factory A/C, so I know A/C was available.

Wishing you and Rosy a Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Barrett

Tom
FI was available as an option in 1965 as well as A/C. 771 Corvettes with the 375 hp engine with fuel injected were manufactured in 1965

And now there at least 772.......:)

Tom
FI was available as an option in 1965 as well as A/C. 771 Corvettes with the 375 hp engine with fuel injected were manufactured in 1965. Actually A/C was a factory option in late 1963 and also 1965 (RPO # C-60). A lady in my Corvette Club (circa 1968) in KC had a 64 coupe with factory A/C, so I know A/C was available.

Barrett

I believe that AC was not available with FI as a combo.

The guy in the video and his wife are both idiots and scammers. Take the car away from them and put it up for adoption.

Tom

Barrett

While A/C was an option in MY65, it could not be ordered on the L84 327/375.

Also, the owner is BSing. The car is missing the "fuel injection" fender badges and it's not possible to even retrofit A/C to an FI car because, on an FI car, Chevrolet moved the alternator to the passenger side to make room for the FI air filter assembly and that's where the A/C compressor would normally reside.

While A/C was an option in MY65, it could not be ordered on the L84 327/375.

Also, the owner is BSing. The car is missing the "fuel injection" fender badges and it's not possible to even retrofit A/C to an FI car because, on an FI car, Chevrolet moved the alternator to the passenger side to make room for the FI air filter assembly and that's where the A/C compressor would normally reside.

Oh I knew that AC was available, Just not with the 327/375 version. Thanks for verifying this for me. I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be.

Well the last crack shown by the reporter was near a taillight.

???

I say BS on this owner, Sam should fight this.

2 cents.​

Agreed, froggy47... but often as not, corporations will pay out rather than risk the bad press.

That being said, I wonder if the guy went to the media with his story because Sam's Club told him to get stuffed?

Mac

Agreed, froggy47... but often as not, corporations will pay out rather than risk the bad press.

That being said, I wonder if the guy went to the media with his story because Sam's Club told him to get stuffed?

Mac

This guy seems a little too "slick" as he details the damage, like a "slip & fall" victim who has done it before.

Merry Xmas.

:)

Flim Flam experts

• HOUSTON — A local couple is blaming a Houston tire shop for ruining their Christmas.

They said workers at Sam’s Club damaged the husband’s vintage corvette — a new gift from his wife.
Could have been damaged with bad lift points, but not likely. Not when the owner lies about the car's options to increase its value. No way is a FI and no way is AC. Is not a $93k car but more likely a $40k car and the cracks were already there. Sam's should tell this guy to get lost and never come back. And the news should learn not to take this BS story from the owner.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom