Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How are the 1996s holding up?

My 96' Collectors Edition just turned 60K, runs fines and looks great, so far no major issues, I drive as much as I could although I try to keep it out of the rain

Son's 93 (was mine years ago) is at 115K with 6 Big Bend Open Road Races on it as well and we just tore the engine down this year due to head gasket problems. Prior problems are two sets of brakes, two batteries, one water pump, one transmission, one alternator, one Optispark, one set of weather stripping. The Bose system is just starting to act up. Been a great car but is now going through a complete makeover and upgrade.

Starting to get out a drive more since the raining has let up. Car runs great and no problems. Have notice fluid temps are higher than most vehicles in the past but well within the manuals value`s. Going to have some new tires installed this week. Have the GoodYear Eagle on there right now. Enybody out there with a recommendation? Thanks and see you on the road.

I have run six (6) Goodyear F1 GS D3s on my 96. The fronts have 37,000 miles and 8/32" of tread left on them.

I just replaced the rears. They had about 35,000 miles on them and they both still had tread.

You can find a cheaper tire. You can find different tires with different types of tread patterns. I drive my 96 for 10 months every year. I drive all over the country and I end up driving in a lot of rain. The GS D3s are so good in the rain that I forget it is raining and have a tendency to actually drive too fast.

The foregoing is just my humble opinion.

But, I do happen to be "LT4man".

AFTER BUYING YOUR NEW TIRES, BE SURE TO SAVE THE :w!

....... that I forget it is raining and have a tendency to lock my keys in the car.

AFTER BUYING YOUR NEW TIRES, BE SURE TO SAVE THE :w!

I fixed it for you Gregory! :boogie:boogie:boogie

I believe it was the "iconoclastic lt4man" who had the unfortunate incident with locking his keys in his C4.

I was also told to never relate that story again, under penalty of having something "very bad" happen to me. :ohnoes

So, I will not say any more! ;)

WHILE TALKING ABOUT THE "KEY" INCIDENT, DO NOT FORGET TO ....................

1996 c4

You people are so lucky that you can buy & drive such a beautiful car.
In Australia some"" clown"" in Federal Govt decided that we aren't even allowed to bring these in to the country any more.

You people are so lucky that you can buy & drive such a beautiful car.
In Australia some"" clown"" in Federal Govt decided that we aren't even allowed to bring these in to the country any more.

That does not sound too good. Curious. By "these" do you mean older Corvettes or new Corvettes or all Corvettes? How about other sports cars? Same ruling? When did this law come down by the way....
RG

That does not sound too good. Curious. By "these" do you mean older Corvettes or new Corvettes or all Corvettes? How about other sports cars? Same ruling? When did this law come down by the way....
RG
The Govt in there wisdom decided that any car built after January 1989 has to be complianced,( which means it has to comply with Australia laws).In regards to Corvette's,the companies that do these changes ,(right hand drive etc),didn't bother with all C4's just C5's and later.The cost of a converted early C5 could be as much as $75-$100k which makes it abit hard for some of us
I had purchased a real nice 1991 Corvette in the USA only to find out I wasn't allowed to bring it back to Australia,(could'nt get import papers)
I do have a nice 1984 Corvette:mad

I can't imagine why people don't drive these cars! I guess they are saving them for people like me. :D Like it was said before, if he is worried about the miles he'd better sell it, but me....me, I'd drive that baby.

Agreed! I am glad these people buy their Corvettes as garage ornaments rather than drive them. This way I get a great deal on a nearly new high performance automobile and they take care of the depreciation hit. I got my C4 this way and I've been enjoying it immensely! I just bought another limited production high performance automobile in mint condition this month 23 years old with only 16K miles. I'll double that mileage easily over the next two years and enjoy every mile. Trailer/garage queens I'll never understand why...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom