Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do I justify 2 Corvettes?

TheSearcher

Corvette
2004 Torch Red Coupe
Here's my problem. I am an empty nester with well established,self supporting children. My wife and I have the following vehicles - 2004 Corvette, 2007 Cadillac DTS Platinum, 2005 Chevy Tahoe Z-71, 1998 Chevy CK 2500 4x4 pickup (tows boat), and a 2003 Triumph motorcycle. Yeah, 5 vehicles for 2 people, but each one has a necessary (at least for us) special purpose. I want a new 2008 Corvette, but I don't want to sell my 2004 as I have spent about $15,000 on modifications to get it the way I like it. My wife says, one Vette is enough.

The only good arguments I have are 1) I need a roadster (convertible - I really do because then I get to haul around teenage beauty queens in parades, but can't tell the wife that reason), 2) the 2008 looks like it may be a great investment (I have a loaded Z-51 already picked out - how many stock 430 hp Vettes have been or will be made?), 3) the Vette gets great gas milage, 4) I can afford it, 5) I am CFO of a business that owns a Chevy dealership and I can get it at cost, and 6) I have a GM mastercard with considerable credits to use.

What other agruments can I use to get another Vette?

Wow, sounds like you have your argument well thought out. Your first reason is enough to warrant a new 'Vette all by its self! :)

Jason

Dear Searcher, how long do you plan on living and how much money do you want to die with? The only two criteria for living well. Enjoy.
Paul

You certainly would be helping our economy! :upthumbs

I say: Go for it! :D

SAVE THE :w

I am sorry that you have to justify a second corvette; the saying goes "You can never have enough corvettes". I have two corvettes, a C5 coupe and a C4 roadster, and I did not have to justify owning them to my wife. She approves and whole-heartedly supports owning 2 and is leaning toward a third. I have one justification, that all vehicles that I own must be garaged, none left out. I have 6 vehicles, all in my garage, three blazers (one with snow plow), one truck and two corvettes. I have room for another Corvette and am looking at getting one in several years, another vert. My wife knows this and supports a NCM delivery. I am 68 years old, retired, and am telling you that life is short and you should live it the way you want without shunning any of your responsibilities (which you apparently have not). So enjoy life, buy the vette, keep the other one, and hopefully your wife will be as understanding as mine - she knows how much I love corvettes. When she met me about 40 years ago, I had two 427 66's, a vert and a coupe. Two is a good number, but I am envious of others out their who own more than two. I love driving both corvettes, and I never regret owning more than one.
Barrett

Lousy situation to be in. A second Vette is always appropriate - except when the wife doesn't think so.

Changing her mind might be real hard.

Good luck.

I'm glad my wife is a Vette person - if we had a bigger garage, we'd have more Vettes!

6) I have a GM mastercard with considerable credits to use.

7) I love the car and I don't want anyone else to drive it away, but I just want a new one too.

That's why I kept my '88 when I bought my C6.

I've had 6 Corvettes, my 1st was a '65 in 1968, when I was 18. I wish I'd have kept them all.

Here's my problem. I am an empty nester with well established,self supporting children. My wife and I have the following vehicles - 2004 Corvette, 2007 Cadillac DTS Platinum, 2005 Chevy Tahoe Z-71, 1998 Chevy CK 2500 4x4 pickup (tows boat), and a 2003 Triumph motorcycle. Yeah, 5 vehicles for 2 people, but each one has a necessary (at least for us) special purpose. I want a new 2008 Corvette, but I don't want to sell my 2004 as I have spent about $15,000 on modifications to get it the way I like it. My wife says, one Vette is enough.

The only good arguments I have are 1) I need a roadster (convertible - I really do because then I get to haul around teenage beauty queens in parades, but can't tell the wife that reason), 2) the 2008 looks like it may be a great investment (I have a loaded Z-51 already picked out - how many stock 430 hp Vettes have been or will be made?), 3) the Vette gets great gas milage, 4) I can afford it, 5) I am CFO of a business that owns a Chevy dealership and I can get it at cost, and 6) I have a GM mastercard with considerable credits to use.

I used this line. Some men have many women and one car and other men have many cars but one woman. That's when I had five vehicles. The wife never asks about new additions.:upthumbs

No argument necessary---buy her a nice piece of jewlery and then treat yourself to the 08 Vette. :upthumbs

Every weekend has at LEAST 2 days! Get a license plate for this one that says SAT and insist on having another vette for the SUN plate. Simple! Case closed! :L
Andy :w

The 3rd one came easier than the 2nd, but I am having a problem getting the green light for the 4th..
Good luck and keep us posted..

Seems like you have the money to get another Corvette and not have to make excuses. If you want the car get the car. If you need to justify another Corvette most any excuse will do. Say you want a condition 1 1958 and a new 2008 in matching colors. Then after a while drop the 1958 and only concentrate on the 2008. If you put too much thought into it you will wish you got the 58 also. As was said by some one else - you can never have too many Corvettes. :w

Well,the vette you've picked out is not and never will be an "investment" I'm sorry to say.You will not make any money on it,and will do well getting 50% +- of your money back should you ever sell it.I don't even want to get into your C5!! Now,the C6 is superior in every way to the c5 so sell that one and get the new one,you won't be sorry!!

You want it and your financial obligations won't prevent you from getting it. Isn't that enough to justify?:D

Well Searcher, it sure sucks to be you!! JK!

Seriously though, it sounds like you did well for you and your family in life and have some advantages in your favor in getting one. To me, you don't need to justify it, just go do it!! Remember, life is short and tomorrow isn't a guaranteed thing.

Good luck!!!! And if you decide to pick one up, we want pics!!! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom