Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Do I Maintain the Shine?

Grizzly

Corvette
1967 Marlboro Maroon Coupe, 1992 White Convertible
I've spent the last week working on the paint of both the cars. Wash, clay, Meguiar's three step process, etc. I am for the most part pleased with the results.

My question is now what? I wash the cars when they are dirty, and use a California Duster and detailer regularly for dust. I want to add coats of wax but will washing be enough, or should I clay before I do that?

Has anyone found a bug/tar remover that doesn't strip the wax. I seems that everything I've tried yields a dull finish and I assume that was because the wax was stripped.

Keep the shiny side up!...................

I've found Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover is one of the gentlest yet still effective products for bugs and tar. It would help to wax again after using any bug/tar remover as the bugs themselves can remove the wax.

Quick detailers work well for maintaining the shine. I also know a guy who's signature is appropriate. Something to the effect of "The best way to get that just waxed look is to have just waxed your car". Waxing it often will keep the best protection and look. :)

I got a tip from another thread in this forum about a product called Rejex.

http://www.e-tackle.com/rejeX.htm

I had been using Meguiars but stripped it and tried this stuff. What a HUGE differance! The advertising statements are 100% correct.

Of course, I still use the NXT on the Blazer b/c it is too darned expensive to let sit.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom