Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Do I Post a Picture Under My Username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
The small image under a member's username is referred to as an AVATAR. It will appear in every post made by that member.

If you are inexperienced in the creation and posting of an avatar, this thread will help to guide you through the process.

First, there is a size limitation for the photos used in avatars. Currently it is 165 x 165 pixels, or 43.9 KB.

If you have large photos but nothing in the required size, it will be necessary to re-size your chosen image. I use a program called IrfanView, which I downloaded off the internet for FREE, but any photo editing software will suffice. For help re-sizing your image look at this thread in the Site Help and Feedback Forum:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/site-help-feedback/92538-resizing-photos-irfanview.html

If you have a suitable image, you're ready to proceed.

The first step is to navigate to your UserCP or User Control Panel. To do this, click on the SETTINGS button in the upper right corner of any forums page, just beneath the banner.

attachment.php

When you click on BROWSE, a File Upload window will open and you'll be able to search for the image in your computer files.

Follow the steps as they are numbered in this image:

attachment.php

Once the File Name appears in the File Upload box, click OPEN and the File Name will then appear in the Option 2 box.

After the File Name appears in the Option 2 box, click on SAVE CHANGES. **

** This is very important: if you fail to click on SAVE CHANGES, the changes you've made will be lost.

attachment.php

Your new avatar will now appear on the page. Since you've already saved the change, you're now free to return to the forums and post normally. My suggestion would be to go to the Proving Grounds in the Site Help Forum and post a TEST thread.

Proving Grounds

attachment.php

In the Proving Grounds, you can check to see how your new avatar will appear in your post.

attachment.php

As always, if you run into problems, you can start a new thread in the Help forum and a member of Staff will respond as soon as possible to try and help.

Site Help & Feedback

:wJane Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom