Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

how do I reset the service vechile soon message?

bossvette

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1968 1997
since I have passed the 100,000 mile marker I have changed out the dexcool, trans fluid and plugs and wires how do I reset the computer so the service vehicle soon message doesn't come back on? Thanks in advance. :D
Craig sr.

Craig-
I wonder whether you need the Tech II tool to do that?

Jim
I hope not,thanks for the suggestion; I have a real good scan tool works with my laptop. I had never thought of hooking that up. funny thing is I have used it more on my Wifes SS and never had it hooked up to the Vette.
thanks again
Craig sr

since I have passed the 100,000 mile marker I have changed out the dexcool, trans fluid and plugs and wires how do I reset the computer so the service vehicle soon message doesn't come back on? Thanks in advance. :D
Craig sr.

Craig,
My understanding is that certain codes will prompt the Service Engine Soon light to come on, and that it takes those codes being cleared before the light will automatically turn itself off. I think it takes three ignition starts with no error codes detected before the light goes out.

Hope this helps.

:w
-Patrick

So the service vehicle soon is not related to the 100,000 mile, come to think of it I haven't seen it (the message) for a while. I was under the impression that the service intervals were programmed into the computer like the "change oil" intervals; and thought it might be a good idea to reset it
;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom