Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How do I "store" the t-tops in the back?

Bolisk

Corvette
1972 LS5 Convertible PS, PB, A/C
Ok, so I finally finished off my cars interior. I have the origional T-TOP straps for the back of the car. How in the heck do I get the T-Tops back there and strapped down? Anyone else got a '70 with photographic evedance?

Note: Later models had straps that held them down accross, then a strap that came forward and latched between the to seats. My car does no have that. I have the two straps that come down from over the wheel wells, and latch (approx 6" appart) in the center of the rear deck.

Thanks
-Bolisk

I never used the strap before. I just put them in covers and laid them in the back.

that's what I usually do as well!!!!!

I use an over sized beach towel. I place one top to the front with the latch side toward the seats. Then, I place the huge towel on top of it. After that, I place the second top onto the first with the latch to the back. The second top's sits between the rear of the cargo area and the first top, with the majority of the glass sitting on top of each other. I've done this for the last 15 years.

No fumbling with bags either. Makes it a really quick transition from tops on to tops off.

I never used the strap before. I just put them in covers and laid them in the back.
I would think that would be a little dangerous. I put them in the bags and strap them down by running the straps over top the bags and then tighten the straps down.

70's used the 2 straps. The TTops set like a V with the outsides sitting on the wheel wells and the centers almost touching in the middle. Each strap held one TTop in place. I place my TTops in the storage bags and place them as stated held in place by a strap each.

I then hope I don't hit anything as there is little that holds the TTops back. I guess safety was an afterthought in the 60's and 70's. Afterall seatbelts were optional until about 1967 and shoulder belts were still optional in 1970.

My bags are in bad shape so I use beach towels as well. I may try to fashion something out of a packing blanket that would be more robust and soft.
Normally the T-tops are off the car and taking up space in my garage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom