Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How do you put together a reasonable price?

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
There's a 1992 or so ZR-1 sitting around the block from me. It's tags are old and it's black paint is shot and presently it's got a covering of snow on it, but it looks like it's been outside from some time. How do I approach the owner with some kind of a reasonable offer ? Not even sure if I want to get involved with a LT5 ? ;shrug

There's a 1992 or so ZR-1 sitting around the block from me. It's tags are old and it's black paint is shot and presently it's got a covering of snow on it, but it looks like it's been outside from some time. How do I approach the owner with some kind of a reasonable offer?
Reminds me of when I spotted some '63 Vette hubcaps on an old Chevy P/U while flying thru Patrick AFB, FL. I just went into the building asking who owned it and how much he wanted for them. Kinda hard to act cool and disinterested under such. I bought them and combined them with the best parts from the set I already had for my split window, but how can one know what another's response will be? Ask the neighbors what they know?
Not even sure if I want to get involved with a LT5 ? ;shrug
I'd guess that will be partially determined by the price.

Well if you don't want to get involved with it and the price is right I might be willing to come get it and offer Ya a couple hundred mark up to cover your time. Our 92 (Rose since she is a BlackRose) was one of those Zs that had a horrible life. When a friend bought her she needed a starter, transmission, coolant tank, water pump, tires, two wheel bearing assys. front shocks and a battery just to drive around the block. Paint really looked bad and the interior was a mess. He bought it for 5K from a guy with big ideas and no money. My friend passed away couple years ago after getting the car in running/driving condition so Rose is here now and doing well. Paint and interior cleaned up nice, we found the last ZF in GM inventory, repaired many vacuum leaks, did the wheel bearings and brakes to bring her back to a solid condition. March will tell the tail as we are taking it to Goliad for the Texas Mile.

Any way 5 to MAYBE 9k (if it can be started on location and has a title). If no title walk away, if it won't run car maybe worth a gamble. Zs aren't that bad to work on but the special parts will cost more than standard Vettes.

Well if you don't want to get involved with it and the price is right I might be willing to come get it and offer Ya a couple hundred mark up to cover your time. Our 92 (Rose since she is a BlackRose) was one of those Zs that had a horrible life. When a friend bought her she needed a starter, transmission, coolant tank, water pump, tires, two wheel bearing assys. front shocks and a battery just to drive around the block. Paint really looked bad and the interior was a mess. He bought it for 5K from a guy with big ideas and no money. My friend passed away couple years ago after getting the car in running/driving condition so Rose is here now and doing well. Paint and interior cleaned up nice, we found the last ZF in GM inventory, repaired many vacuum leaks, did the wheel bearings and brakes to bring her back to a solid condition. March will tell the tail as we are taking it to Goliad for the Texas Mile.

Any way 5 to MAYBE 9k (if it can be started on location and has a title). If no title walk away, if it won't run car maybe worth a gamble. Zs aren't that bad to work on but the special parts will cost more than standard Vettes.

Well my thinking is that sitting there alone, it needs paint $8K and perhaps some or all transmission work + 4K to 5K . Plus cleanup, I don't think I'd offer anymore than 4K to 5K. FWIW, I saw a super sharp 1993 ZR1 sell this past weekend at the Barrett-Jackson auction sell for $35K, So . . .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom