Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do you tell a 07 from an 06??

Lucy64

Corvette
1964 Red Convertible and 2005 DSOM Z51 Coupe
I know that the 06 differed from the 05 because the little GM insignia on the lower back side of the body. How can you tell an 07 from the 06?? I have not noticed any changes whatsoever.

If the car is equipped with the 3LT package, it'll now have radio controls on the steering wheel. This was not available in 2006. Also, if you see a two tone interior on a coupe/vert, that just became available in 07 too (you could get two tone interior on an 06 Z06 though). Another way to tell is if the car is painted in Atomic Orange, as that's new for 2007 as well.

You can also tell it's an 07 because there won't be a lock on the center console anymore, and the glovebox is bigger than the 06s too.

So basically most of the changes are things you'll need to look inside the car to see. So a car driving by you on the highway will be hard to figure out as an 06 or 07, unless it's Atomic Orange.

I know of all of those changes but no way you can tell just from the exterior. At least on the 05/06 change-over they put that funky little GM insignia on the back lower sides. I was following a red vert down the road and figured it was an 06 or 07 and think they should have done SOMETHING to tell them apart from the exterior. I am assuming that the 07's still have that GM insignia???

Some people take the little GM button off so the button isn't always a good indicator either.

This isn't anything new for Corvette either. The 92-94 were identical unless you looked inside. The 95/96 were almost identical - paint between the front turn signal and side marker light. The 97-99 were all the same for coupes. 2001-2004 ditto except for the Z06 which had different HP badges.

Corvette recognition has always been tough.

It means that 2-year old car doesn't look like a 2-year old car.

Some people take the little GM button off so the button isn't always a good indicator either.

This isn't anything new for Corvette either. The 92-94 were identical unless you looked inside. The 95/96 were almost identical - paint between the front turn signal and side marker light. The 97-99 were all the same for coupes. 2000 -2004 ditto except for the Z06 which had different HP badges.

Corvette recognition has always been tough.

It means that 2-year old car doesn't look like a 2-year old car.

Head up display was first offered on the 1999 model C5.

Changes

The less changes the better! Until they come out with the C7.:)

so far unless you get the new rear spoiler (across the whole back) or racing stripes - no real way to tell from the outside.....

i was looking into the rear spoiler for a while but gave up that idea....
looked into the stripe for about three minutes.... :W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom