Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Does Your Car Cover Fit?

abowtieguy

Corvette
2004 ZedOh6/Zed16 Commemorative Edition #482
I just bought a Max Tech 4 layer car cover for my Zo6 and it fits tight. It does have mirror pockets and seems overly tight on the mirrors and very snug on front and back. Do these strech? I feel it should be a little loose and not apply too much pressure against the paint. I think if it doesn't strech in a few days, I might take it back and try a flannel cover they seem to be the softest.

Doug :bu

My cover has elastic on the nose and tail along with 'pockets' for the mirrors. It can be just the least bit tricky getting it on, but I start at the front and get the mirrors in before the tail. Seems to work just fine. As far as it being too tight, I think the purpose is to keep the environment off the vette, so tight is good. Ensure the inside of the cover is clean, and it doesn't hurt for the vette to be clean either.

HTH,
--------------------------
Joe.....Save the Wave :w

Mine has side mirror pockets too and is very tight. I think thats how its supposed to be. As said above just make sure the inside is clean and you should be fine.

:) Thanks for your responce Joe and Ryan, since it's my new baby I maybe a little too protective of her.I worry that exesive pressure on the mirrors might damage or scratch. I just might get a flannel cover just too see how they fit, at least they are a little softer and may stretch more.

Cheers :beer
Doug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom