Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How good is Hagerty with claims?

Derrick

Corvette
1975 Coupe
Before everyone jumps on me...I've already done a search and read as many threads as I could about this.

The agent I spoke with stated that in most cases an adjuster doesn't have to check the cars damage when a claim is reported....that me sending a pic would be enough.

Has anyone made a claim with Hagerty and how strict are they about their mileage limit? Do they ask for a mileage reading each year or when a claim is filed?

Any input would be appreciated!

Hi Derrick,

I can't address the claim issue but I just renewed my policy with them and they did not ask for an odometer reading. Last year when I opened the policy with them they wanted the mileage on the car and said their yearly mileage limit was approximate and they didn't stictly enforce it. (Very easily said before a claim!) They did state that under no circumstances was the car to be used to go to work, not even for one day a year.

Bill

Have had Hagerty for over 5 yrs now and one claim. Coming home from the NCRS National Convention in July of 2003 on the Pennsylvania Turnpike at 65mph, my right rear tire exploded busting chunks of fiberglass out of the rr quarter along the wheelwell lip and many, many fractures of fiberglass thoughout the whole rr quarter. Took it to ONLY one place, a "Corvette/Fiberglass" bodyshop, took five or six good photos of the damage, sent those and the estimate for $1847.00 and within 7 days received a check for the same. Never had them ask about mileage, course with 4 C3s they probably figure that I could'nt put THAT much mileage on them.

I have been with them for 10 years, they only asked me once about mileage that is when I took out the policy, Had a claim on my 68 Mustang no problems at all.

I have spoken to Hagerty and have their policy on both my 75 vette, and my 79 SS396. They told me they have no actual mileage limit, only that it can not be used as a daily driver. They even told me that I could drive it to work a couple of times a year as long as I had a monitored/safe lot to park in, which I do. I have compared them to Leland West and they are MUCH better. I had Leland West first, but cancelled because of the way they do business and their attitude once they get your money. Leland will tell you things about their policy that are contradicted when you recieve the paid for policy. Then once you have paid the bill, you cannot get Leland to return emails or phone calls. Definitely recommend Hagerty. They are much more Classic Car Friendly!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom