Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

how many 2-tones

ggaagg57

Corvette
68,502 convt. ,- &81,4speed ,80 4 speed, 70 454
how many 2 tone are here in the corvette action center, just 1981 looking for tan and bronzes one. and how many r 4speed or automatic,

There is one just up the road from me in Manteca CA. The car is pristine with under 50k original miles and looks showroom. It is a 4-speed UL5 option 1981 one of 315 so optioned ;)

I'll set some time aside this week or next weekend and go through the Registry and give you a count of the ones we have there, 6 Tan and Bronze come to mind right off hand.

I have the 2 tone bronze.
automatic
48600 original miles
completly stock.
I wish i could post a pic. Unfortunatly i dont
have a digital camera.

Tom

George,

Here are the ones from our Registry:
  • Ohio ~ Automatic ~ Camel Leather
  • Georgia ~ MM4 ~ ???
  • Colorado ~ Automatic ~ Camel Leather
  • California ~ MM4 ~ Camel Cloth
  • Indiana ~ Automatic ~ Camel Leather
  • West Virgina ~ Automatic ~ ???
  • Nevada ~ Automatic ~ Camel Cloth
  • California ~ MM4 ~ Camel Cloth
  • Non Registry Member, Illinois ~ Automatic ~ ???

ADD ONE MORE!

We just registered a member in Nevada with the Beige/Bronze:

8. Nevada ~ Automatic ~ Camel Cloth

Bud

they are showing up, how many is that about 8 there is one for sell by holt corvette with like no miles very low in the $20k range, it a 4 speed . thanks george

Details on my D84 Beige/Bronze Corvette

George invited me to post a discription of my 1981 on this thread after reading an answer I gave on another. I happen to have a D84 Vette Beige/Bronze Corvette and have often wondered how many of it's twins are around. Mine has only 25,250K original miles and is in stone stock condition. I've even got her first set of polyglass tires in storage. She is equipt with a (MM4) 4 spd. transmisssion, DC49 defogger, AU3 power door locks, DG7 electric sport mirrors, UM6 stereo cassette with U75 power antenna, CC1 glass roof panels, A42 power driver seat (the interior is camel cloth) and N90 aluminum wheels (now shod with 255/60/15 Dunlop GT Qualifiers). Her body is a "no hit" and in pampered condition. The whole car is original including paint and only the beige on the drivers door has had a touch up. The car is very nice. If you are interested, it can be seen on the 3rd member page of the l-81 registry (I'm #4 on the registry accounting, list in one of the earlier replys). It's overlooking a beautiful California vista and has a real dorky looking guy (me) in shorts leaning against it!

Now for some estimations I've made.....assuming that the number of D84 Vette Beige/Bronze Corvettes (unofficial total is less than 500) with 4 spd. is ruffly proportional to the number of 4 spd cars (5757) out of overall production of all 81 corvettes (40606); we are looking at probably 71 or 72 cars (give or take) painted and having a 4 spd just like mine. Now this is only the most basic of estimations, but does seem to indicate the number is small and that duplicating such an original car would be hard. Now don't get me wrong! It's no ZL-1 or Manta Ray. But I don't exactly run into many like her at shows either! I really dig having such a conservative paint scheme on such a flashy car! In any event, she is very speacial to me and a source of much enjoyment.

Ari

1fine81 (Ari)

I don't see a current registration on file here in the Registry for your car.

The old records were not the best. With our new Registration Form I am able to account for options and S/N (our old records don't indicate color, interior or options :( and to be honest I haven't been keeping that old members spread sheet current) :eeks

When you have a few minutes I would appreciate if you would complete the new registration and submit it ;)

Actually #4 above is Dave Raney from Manteca, CA :eek:

Bud

This is one Gorgeous L81

Here is a primo example of the two tone Biege/Bronze 1981 Corvette. Dave Raney from Manteca, CA is the proud owner of this jewel..

These photo's were taken Saturday March 22 at Jamestown, CA a few of us hooked up and went up there for the Annual Chili Cook Off.... it really is a Harley Event, but Corvettes and Harley's are like Baseball & Apple Pie ;)

19DaveR_01.jpg

19Dave_03.jpg

19DaveR_02.jpg

Bud :w

nice car rare,the very first corvette i bought was in 83 it was a two tone just like these i paid 16,800 for it , it had been paint all biege ,i wonder how many of the few are left . ? it was like 5100070 something. that was 20 years ago . even then i thought about painting it back two tone. ive got picture of it in fla and atlanta.for only a 190 hp i had a lot of fun in it, keep looking for more? george

just a quick question. I have the same paint scheme and am getting ready to do some touch ups to her. Anyway the trim piece under the doors is metalic in your picture is that the way they came out of the factory? This would be the perfect place to ask. thanks
tom

Tom,

They all came from the factory in a simi-gloss Black Dave, as many others have removed the paint ;)

It looks great either was as far as I'm concerned,

NOTE: Dave also added Cross Flags just to the back side of the side louvers, which I am still adjusting too

Bud

Mine came with the semi gloss black. The paint was all scratched up and it looked bad. After surfing the net i found a few pics and noticed that many were metalic. That is why I asked. Last night i took them off and stripped the paint off. I was going to repaint them but after I put them back on it looked to sweet to have them painted black. Thanks for the input.

Tom

Rare81 said:
NOTE: Dave also added Cross Flags just to the back side of the side louvers, which I am still adjusting too

Bud [/B]

Bud,

I agree with you! The Crossed Flags would take some getting used to!! But, hey as long as he likes it thats all that matters!!!

Later Zane (Yes I'm still around)

vette vues... found two magazines today in the parts i bought, september 1981 and july 1981. on the cover of sept 81 shows plants parking lot at Bowling Green with 400 biege and bronze corvettes setting in it waiting to be delivered.then in julys it shows the first one coming off the line is beige and bronze. at 10:00 am june 1, the first two were going to be raffled off NO# 001 by a womans club and NO#002 by the national council of corvette clubs . had some good pictures of new plant with cars going down the line,

Rare81 said:
There is one just up the road from me in Manteca CA. The car is pristine with under 50k original miles and looks showroom. It is a 4-speed UL5 option 1981 one of 315 so optioned ;)

I'll set some time aside this week or next weekend and go through the Registry and give you a count of the ones we have there, 6 Tan and Bronze come to mind right off hand.

Well Rare81, I think I finally have enough of this figured out to sign in and participate ... I hope. Y'all be gentle now because computers are not my thing, give me a 9/16" box or open end and a creeper or a Quad-Jet and I am comfortable.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom