Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many C5 owners do we have here?

i see we got a few new members here, so welcome to the :CAC hope you guys like it here. As for being a C5 owner, i dont think i will be. I like the classic designs, but i also like performance. I always wanted a '81 or '82, but i also like the C4 desigens, and i NEED performance! so i decided my dream car is a '96 LT4. plus i think everything is too much towords C5. take the shark fest at the NCM, it was supposed to be for sharks but it turned out to be a C5 sales gimmik. I like the front of the C5, but the back looks too fat. but its all opinion, i could see why yall like the C5. but its just not what i like. And when the C6 comes out, everything is gona be C6, and u C5 guys will end up like the guys at Shark Fest.

My 2003 MY Z06 was built 9/28, and I picked it up from the museum on 11/8 (three days ago). It's my first Vette and my first new car. :D

I'm a new C5 owner. I've got a 2000 Dark Bowling Green Metallic coupe. I wasn't originally going to buy one I was more interested in purchasing a Viper. A couple of things prevented that first was the price & second I couldn't sit comfortably in it. I'm 6'7"!
It took me about a year to find her. Corvettes sell pretty fast down here & I had to do a long search on the Internet to find a local dealer who specialized in vettes. The one I went to had about 30 sitting on their lot & from a '53 to a 2001. I got the opportunity to "try the cars on". :L My wife was instrumental in helping me to decide on a color. The choice was down to the DBGM or a dark purple pearl metallic. The green won.
I've got lots of pics of her out on the net give me a few days & I'll post a link to them.:w

Clairvoyant: so you jumped right into the deep end too? :beer
Congrats on your car, I'm partial to MY also.

After 30 years of wanting a Corvette, I finally purchased one in Dec '98, a '99 black coupe 6sp. In Jan of '01 I purchased a TR Z06. So now my wife has a Corvette and so do I. Great cars..
now I need a 50th vert.

MrsSchroder said:
Clairvoyant: so you jumped right into the deep end too? :beer
Congrats on your car, I'm partial to MY also.

Hey, if you're gonna do it... do it right! :cool

1999 Triple Black Convertible here :) :)

Here it is with the Z06/Targa top on :) :)

YDSC04050.jpg

NEW C5 OWNER HERE. I 'M ALSO NEW TO THIS BOARD. C4C5 HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL WITH A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS. MY NEW VETTE IS A 00 A4 COUPE, BLACK ON BLACK WITH 21,000 MILES. MY FIRST VETTE A FEW YEARS BACK WAS A 91 TORCH RED COUPE. I STUMBLED INTO THAT CAR NOT KNOWING A WHOLE LOT ABOUT VETTE'S BUT FOUND OUT I HAD MADE A GOOD CHOICE. LOVED THAT RAW EDGE FEELING I GOT WITH THAT C4. THE NEW BODY STYLES ON THE 91 WHERE GREAT. ALOT LESS H.P. BUT MY GOODNESS THE LOW END TORQUE WITH A PERFORMANCE CHIP WAS AWESOME. CAN YOU TELL I LOVED THAT CAR. STILL GETTING THE FEEL AND HANDLE ON THE 00, BUT KNOW IT'S SOMETHING SPECIAL.

C5 Owners

1999 Black Hardtop, 35,000 miles. Mods. include 6" K&N Conical Filter, Relocated (Recalibrated) Mass Air Flow Sensor, Throttlebody By-pass, 1000 Cfm MAF Ends, Vortex Power Duct, BBK 80mm Throttlebody, ZO6 Intake Manifold, Mass Air Flow Translator, 160 degree Powerstat, Borla XR-1 Cat Back Race Exhaust, Jet Stage II Computer Chip and Modified front facia, for more intake air flow. Future mods. for next year are ported heads, new roller cam, valvetrain (higher lift longer duration) and long tube headers.

DKBG- I read your post back on the first page and I was curious about how your 84 compared to your 87.Was it noticalbly faster?Did it ride any better?What are your views?

C2 and C5 owner

I have an 02 Mag Red Vert 6 Spd, I am also the original owner of an 81 4 Spd . I just sold my 90 ZR1 and am considering a 2003 Vert 6spd OR ZO6 addition. I'm located in Henderson,NV. where the dealers want MSRP and up.

Re: C2 and C5 owner

Surfer44 said:
I have an 02 Mag Red Vert 6 Spd, I am also the original owner of an 81 4 Spd . I just sold my 90 ZR1 and am considering a 2003 Vert 6spd OR ZO6 addition. I'm located in Henderson,NV. where the dealers want MSRP and up.

Have you talked to Rick Daniel here on the forums?

i am on my 3 rd C-5,97,99 and now a 02 and they just keep getting better. i have owned all new,a 59,62,63,64,65,and 66,the 65 and 66 were big blocks,but i would never trade any of my C-5s for any of the older ones.

I bought my very first Vette last December, a drop dead gorgeous Torch Red 6 speed, oak interior, all the toys but Z51. Only 15k miles on it when I took delivery from Dadeland Chevrolet, here in sunny Miami Fl. I wasn't so impressed with the car from the begining, being a sort of a Euro type car guy. The car had sluggish handlling and would dart all over the road, particularly when braking. It would follow creases and ruts in the road and stay on them, forcing me to use a considerable amount of energy.
Not a comfortable experience to say the least. Then, I discovered these C5 forums. After learning of after market mods, and people like c4c5, Black Magic, John and Donna, Rob, JBSC5 and all the rest of you awesome folk who take the time and energy out of your busy schedule to post up, I have a kick butt C5 that I am proud of! I would do it all over again if I had to, and let me say I have owned a few nice cars before the Vette. This, by far has been the most enjoyable car I have had the pleasure of driving. Just a few tweaks later and man, what a difference. It seems that Corvettes are built with the general public in mind, whiich allows us to individualize and personalize them. I like that idea. If you want a soft ride, a race car ride, a street ride or a combination
of these, it's attainable. Add to that affordability and outstanding resale value and it's no wonder we are infatuated we these cars.....I am very proud to be American, and to own an American Icon........
Herbie colon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom