Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many miles do you put on per year?

Mine has 176,000 I put about 18,000 on her every year!
God only knows how many she will o till I get another one.
As I'm really happy with this one.

warren s

I bought my ‘96 coupe in ‘98 with 15,500 miles on it. I now have 47,360 miles on it. I’m averaging 6,860 miles a year. It’s my daily driver, but fortunately I live close to work so my mileage is below the norm.

I had an ‘86 yellow coupe with 20,000 miles after six years and a ‘93 comp. yellow coupe with 9,000 on it after three years. Both were show cars, I was two points shy of a perfect score at a judged event with my ‘86. I wasted those cars by letting them sit under a cover in my garage... well not any more, my LT4 is my commuter car. I say Drive ‘Em!

B17Crew
:w

Daily driver here. About 15K/yr. I enjoy it 5 days a week commuting to work. Very easy miles. An occasional weekend trip. And will do about 6-10 autox events / year.

These cars were meant to be driven. But I do appreciate some of you keeping them as garage queens. That way when mine wears out it won't be too hard to find another one. :L

The '92 is 12 years old come October - has 101K and is my daily driver.

The '03 is the wife's car. It is 10 months old with 9000 miles. Not a daily driver.

You can do the math.

These cars are too much fun to drive so they get driven.

I bought my 84 in October with 79.3K on it. It now has 81.1k on it and that includes having to sit alot in January and February cause of massive snow here in NH. I enjoy driving the car too much to let it sit and I too am using it to keep miles off my 2001 Tacoma. I hate garage queen cars and some of the anal people who rarely drive their cars cause they don't wanna get a speck of dirt on them or get their rims dirty and go and buy new ones so the car is "perfect". DRIVE EM' PEOPLE!!!

:beer

These cars were meant to be driven. But I do appreciate some of you keeping them as garage queens. That way when mine wears out it won't be too hard to find another one.

;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

B17Crew
:w

AlexD; Wonder which pic you should scrap?:L
I figure less than 8K miles/year.

Last year was my first summer with the car. I put about 3,000 on it. This year I have already logged 2,000 miles. This car is so much fun to drive.

:Steer

Only 5k miles last year, and 1500 miles this year, due to weather and heads/cam project (way too much down time in shop).

I bought the car as a daily driver but my commute sucks now and I hate to beat the __it out of a nice car. And then, there's the salt in the winter...

Overall, though, my average is 6000 miles per year.

7k-8k per year for me. Has 63k on the odometer. I'm keeping it forever :D

Drive Drive!!!!!!!!

I love to hear about all of the high mileage cars out there and l'm jealous that l do not have the opportunity to drive more.

Alan

I drive daily quite much and Corvette is my first car (and only). I had my corvette last year and it had only 22k miles driven but now there is 28k so I also think that Corvette is made for use as much as possible.
I don`t drive in winter because we have too much salt on the roads.

And I enjoy drive my dream car not just looking it in the carage.

Hello Mika, welcome to:CAC
I guess Finland offers much the same sort of driving season as northern Canada, roughly 6 months on and off. Lots of salt here in the winter too and I don't drive the vette. Many other vettes around where you are?:beer

Thank you and its nice to be here=)

Yes, we also have only 6months driving and then comes very dark,wet,cold,boring winter:)

In Finland we have around 850 Corvettes between years 1954-2003.

More information can be found at

www.corvettefinland.com and www.finnshark.com

Off-topic I know,but I had to tell you:)

You should post this and the links in the introductions area, lots of CAC people would like to meet you. Good site!

Miles on p/year

1987, purchased not running with 63K....had it two years and it is now at 115K...not sure how...I "do" drive it almost every day..and use it to go to and from work, but damn thats only 18 miles one way....need to start watching it....but then why have something you want to drive and let it sit?

gary

I bought mine in August 2001 and have driven 53,000 miles.All those plus I completely went thru every component I can think of.It is my Baby and I enjoy nothing more than driving and working on it.

I purchased the 95 a year ago with 88k miles and have put about 6k miles on it with 3k of that being a trip to Philly and back. ;)

The 99 we just got with 81k miles and will be taking us to NC for vacation in a couple weeks. This is the wife's daily driver.

Leon

Daily driver - about 4K miles since I got her in January.

I also commute less than 20 miles round trip each day. But as a few of you know, she is about to get a 3000 mile workout on the way to Seattle!

I agree with the previous statements that Vettes are far too much fun to let them sit. I even use her for work if I can, rather than the boring Ford van. I just have them reimburse my miles, and I get to make my work day that much better by being in the Vette.

Kathy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom