Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many miles do you put on per year?

vette mileage

Purchased my 86 convrertible 6 months ago w/ 72,000 miles
on it.... that comes out to 4,100 miles per year.

Its my toy and will probably never exceed 2k - 3k a year

But here in Washington state there is not alot of convertible
driving weather. I dont usually take him out in the rain...
Sure is fun to drive on slippery roads though.

vette mileage

Purchased my 86 convrertible 6 months ago w/ 72,000 miles
on it.... that comes out to 4,100 miles per year.

Its my toy and will probably never exceed 2k - 3k a year

But here in Washington state there is not alot of convertible
driving weather. I dont usually take him out in the rain...
Sure is fun to drive on slippery roads though.

Hi,
Got my Vette in April and have since put on 4,000 miles. I drive it every chance I get.
When you have such a great car .....Why not enjoy it????

We have two other cars and on occasion I will use one of them.....Nothing is worse than being in one of those cars and seeing a fellow Vette driver going by you in their Vette!!!!
Tony

+/- 5,000 per year. I have 3 other cars I swap between. My 95 has 48K on it. My 98 Mustang has 33K, my 94 Ford Ranger has 62K and my 2000 Tahoe has 45K. So you can see what get's the most use. I usually only drive the Corvette on the weekends and of course on "Drive Your Corvette To Work" day. :pat :Steer

I've owned seven vettes & I bought them all to drive, putting between 10 & 15 K miles per year.
Never had any trouble selling any of them ... the guys that do not drive (enjoy) their vettes in order to get 2 or 3 K more $$ are missing all the fun ..

:J :beer :w

My Vette is my daily driver, unless I have to haul more people or cargo than it will handle. So, I put about 15,000 miles per year. I don't see how anyone could stand to leave a Vette at home and drive something else!

:Steer I think I have a garage queen, but I am conservative with my vette. It is insured for 3k miles per year. I put it to bed with a cover on in the garage. I got the 93 about 2 months ago and it has almost 26k on it. Please understand that this was finally a dream come true-to own a Corvette. I am 54 years young and this is my first, so I intend to take special care of it. I won't drive it everyday since I have two other cars to use for general purpose travelling. It comes out of the garage several times a week for short runs and just to drive it. I probably will take it on a vacation to Cape Cod this month, but I am sure I will stay under 3k for the year. The car is perfect and I'd like to keep it that way, but still have fun with it and I think 3k miles per year is about right for me.

Mileage

We bought our 1994 Coupe on April 16, 2003 with 73,243 miles from my work.(I work at a Chevrolet Dealership) As of today, we have 78,300 miles. I drive it everyday to work until the weather gets bad. Our mechanic told me to drive it. It is better to drive it than to let it sit all the time. We were at Bloomington Gold and parked on the Golf Course next to a beautiful 1969 Black on Black convertible. The car had 243,000 miles on it. If the owner hadn't put a sign on it, you would have never known by looking at it. My opinion is drive and enjoy.

Thanks,

Donna

Hey Bob,

Where did you insure your vette for 3K a year? I have tried everywhere. I'm old enough, have no points and no accidents. If you or anyone else has any leads please let me know. It's a 93 also and in super shape. Thanks for any input.

Robertwav1 said:
Hey Bob,

Where did you insure your vette for 3K a year? I have tried everywhere. I'm old enough, have no points and no accidents. If you or anyone else has any leads please let me know. It's a 93 also and in super shape. Thanks for any input.

I would think that he has classic car insurance - they typically have mileage and use restrictions. There are more than a few threads here on the CAC that mention it so just give a quick search - lots of good info about particular companies and types of coverage.

I checked out those threads when I first got the car, and learned more about insurance that I ever expected.

Kathy

Sorry it took so long to get back-it is thru clasic car insurance-You can find it on the web. The car must have a locked garage and you must have another primary car and prove it. My insurance is about 430 per year vs the 1300+ that I started off with.

Drive her everyday!

About 15K/year. Just the wife and me, so we drive the Vette everywhere including trips.

I'm of that same persuasion "Drive It Until The Wheels Fall Off" although I'll never let that happen. It is my daily driver and we have been haveing some wonderful weather here in Seattle which is a switch. Top off everyday change that oil regularly and keep it movin'!:Steer Bought it 2yrs ago with 55+ now have 79+

PUT 140 OOO on the 68 BEFOR I RESTORED IT...... that was in 30 YRS...then bought the 79 and did anotheR 30 000 i like driving them........

vette mileage

Around 1200 thrilling miles per year.Ever heard that saying adult owned and driven.Let me take you for a ride I'll show you adult owned and driven.I am 53 Thanks Kevin.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom