Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many SNAT's?

Mario93ZR1

Corvette
'93 ZR-1 & '99 Coupe
Hi,

The Twin Turbo, being an official GM option, has all it's production numbers on the internet. I was wondering if there is an estimation of how many SNAT's were produced in it's production run?

Mario93ZR1 said:
Hi,

The Twin Turbo, being an official GM option, has all it's production numbers on the internet. I was wondering if there is an estimation of how many SNAT's were produced in it's production run?
Mario - welcome to the :CAC You are correct, the B2K numbers are readily avail. however, I am working on the Supernatural numbers.. Keep in mind, there was also a crate engine program and I am looking at how that fit into all of this as well:crazy

Glad to hear about the Callaway Excitement Overseas :upthumbs

*89x2* said:
Mario - welcome to the :CAC You are correct, the B2K numbers are readily avail. however, I am working on the Supernatural numbers.. Keep in mind, there was also a crate engine program and I am looking at how that fit into all of this as well:crazy

Glad to hear about the Callaway Excitement Overseas :upthumbs
Thanks!

Yes, you can say that again! :D I am a C4 fan first of all and because of that also a VERY big fan of the Callaway Aerobody and the ZR-1.

Frustrating as it was, I spotted a Callaway SNAT once on a Dutch clubmeeting back in '99. I never saw the car again and did not speak to the owner. How big is the coincidence of helping somebody in the showroom of my company (I sell windowframes and sunscreening), starting up a chat about Corvettes (I always drive to work with my '99 C5 and he noticed that) and hearing him say "oh nice, I also have a Corvette, a Callaway". My jaw dropped to the ground and immediately I thought it might be a normal C4 with a Callaway sticker somewhere. But, since I spotted a customer of mine with a true '96 Collector edition once, I wanted to be shure, so I asked if I might take a look at it. He agreed and it turned out to be the car I spotted back in '99: a metallic silver '92 SNAT :cool

Now I'm still thinking of buying the car, since it is such a beauty and so very exclusive. The only problem is me getting quite a Corvette collection here... :D So, lemme sleep on that...

Is it possible to give an estimate on the '92 production numbers? Are they in the "less than 100" range or much more than 100?

Mario93ZR1 said:
Is it possible to give an estimate on the '92 production numbers? Are they in the "less than 100" range or much more than 100?
If I were to guess (and this is only a preliminary guess... ) I would say about 100 SNAT's were done between 92-96 for the LT1/LT4 based cars.

Hope this helps and again, Welcome :m

Wow! Only around 100 in that 4-year period? I was under the impression that about 60 cars per year were built. So that makes the SNAT even more rare than I expected. I realise that this is an estimate, but still I am surprised. :D

And that's only the SNAT engine!
When you have a snat with an aerobody the total of 100 vette's total will decrease some (alote) more.. :)

Greetings Peter.

Ok. Let me tell you the next chapter of this interesting story... :D

Last week I checked with some potentially Callaway-interested people over here in the Netherlands to try and find a new home for this special car. I did not get any results on that, ofcourse it's quite an investment.

Yesterday I made a decision and I hope I will not learn to regret that one: I called the current owner and made him an offer myself! He is still thinking about selling the car, but not quite 100% sure about that. He will seriously think about my offer and let me know as soon as he reaches his decision.

Mario93ZR1 said:
Yesterday I made a decision and I hope I will not learn to regret that one: I called the current owner and made him an offer myself!
:upthumbs - Did you get the VIN # to have Joanne Mercer at Callaway Cars check the options & history for you? She can be contacted at: jmercer@callawaycars.com

Good luck :m

Yes, I intend to get a VIN check first with Joanne Mercer if he agrees to sell the car. He had no problem with that, he told me. Thanks for the tip!

:beer

Mario93ZR1 said:
Hi,

Mario, looks like the preliminary guess was very close :cool

Here is a post made a year ago:
supernatural400 said:
Joanne , had sent me the break down by year.
from 90-01, not sure if I still have it,

Here we go found it after I finished this post
Our records show
'90-13
'91-13
'92-27
'93-20
'94-24
'95-8
'96-12
'00-1
'01-1

she did not give me breakdown by model LT1, LT4, ZR1. etc.
This is only for Corvette, no mention of Camaro's I don't think they ever made for than 8 Camaro's and they would only be LT1's as they don't go higher than 94. So it looks like 119 total production SuperNaturals
the whole thread is found here: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21674

Hope this helps :m :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom