Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How much did you pay for your Corvette

I'm in that same problem, just got a 03 AE with 5xxx miles and not sure what to do - drive it or save it

Vert or coupe? Only 4,085 coupes but 7,547 verts were made that year.

http://www.50thregistry.com/database/summary.html

Makes the coupes a little more special, but more corvette owners seem to prefer the verts.

Still...

To drive or not to drive. That is the question.;shrug

dear web, no question is to flip the top and drive the wheels off that machine. thats what it was made for and it likes it. worst thing for a late madel vette is to be a garage queen. have fun and let us know how it went.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)Billy

dear web, no question is to flip the top and drive the wheels off that machine. thats what it was made for and it likes it. worst thing for a late madel vette is to be a garage queen. have fun and let us know how it went.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)Billy
:lou = :D = :_rock

yea id go with billy Z06 drive it why pay how much thousnad and look at it.. there were actually a lot of the AE's made i dont think they will ever be that much of a collectible.. not enough where its worth it to let it sit around.. DRIVE IT.. haha

I paid around $41,000 for my 99 Mag Red vert in Jan., 2001 with less than 18,000 miles on it. Bought it from a dealer and they weren't making deals back then. Sticker was $49,500 and had most options but HUD and multi CD player. Has a little over 53,000 miles today.

I bought 2004 SGM Coupe in June 2004, listed for $47,400, paid $38,200. Drove it everyday for my last nine months of work before retiring. Put on 18,000 miles, 29 months later now at 34,000 miles. LUV IT!

Bought 2000 coup for $33K and it had 16K miles. Auto, Z51 suspension, sport seats, HUD, 12 disk CD, memory seats, and premium wheels. I have 92,500 miles and it's a daily driver. Best car I've ever driven, I I've driven a lot.

Gary

"How much did you pay for your Corvette ?"

that answer DEPENDS on how you go about figuring the (cost,) or( TRUE COST!)
I own three, heres what I paid at the time of purchase, (all were between 3-7 years old when I bought them and great deals at the time 1985 (cost $8000)1992 (cost $21,000) 1996 ( cost$23,000) so the easy answers $52,000 total...... AHHH!! but the $150,K PLUS for the shop?, the INSURANCE, THE THOUSANDS in PARTS and UPGRADES, the EXPENDABLE LITTLE THINGS LIKE TIRES,PAINT JOBS, INTERIORS ,ETC. the $40K PLUS in tools the 40 YEARS in weekends and evenings learning too build and repair them???? where does that come into play? or do we just forget those little expenditures, in time and cash??

marriage licence COST $25, ..........its the other little expences that get to you, not the up front COST

I bought my "04 in April of this year. It had 32K on it. I think it has pretty much most of the options except active handling I believe. I pai 28K for it. I just replace the OEM aluminum wheels with c6 ZO6 motorsport wheel and put 2 new tires. I am in the process of adding chrome to it. I also spent @ 2k on an extended warranty. I think it was a pretty good deal. I had been searching around for quite some time online and I saw this and the guy lived about 10 miles away-no plane fare etc. He originially was asking 35K-too much in my opinion. I love it.

1 year ago paid 20,100 after taxes for our 99 FRC with 36k miles and all the options, including HUD. Spent about $3000 on wheels, new rotors, pads, all new fluids and some misc fixes. Just sold it with 39k miles for 20,500. hmm, seems like I lost a bit on that one :chuckle

1 year ago paid 20,100 after taxes for our 99 FRC with 36k miles and all the options, including HUD. Spent about $3000 on wheels, new rotors, pads, all new fluids and some misc fixes. Just sold it with 39k miles for 20,500. hmm, seems like I lost a bit on that one :chuckle
About a dollar per mile if my math is correct.:)

The 99 I traded a McDonald's #4 meal(with cheese!!)and the 96 I had to supersize it. ;LOL

:chuckle
About a dollar per mile if my math is correct.:)

Yeah, but that's a bargain compared to what I paid per mile for the Z06 ... let's see, bought for 50K, sold for 30k with (I think) 20k miles on the clock....

oh wait, I guess that's a dollar a mile too :boogie

2004 vet

I bought my 2004 about a month ago for 33,500. It had 14,400 miles and has all the bells and whistles available for a coupe in 04. One owner, Six speed, and an upgraded exhaust system (sounds strong).

Paid $6200.00 in 1973 Dollars. I could've bought almost 2 Camaro's for the price of my Vette. That seemed like soooo much money then.

Just paid 19k FOR MY 2000 6-Spd Coupe, all avail options. Wish I had bought a C5 sooner (holding on to at least one C4, though)

Wow, very nice cars guys, lets get some more. I really want a 2005 first year of new motor and i love the headlights design too... thats jus tway to much money you cant touch a 2005+ for under about 45,000.

With all the hoopla with the LS3 2008 you can get new 2007s with 1LT packages for under $40k. SF, CA dealer has new '07 with Z51 package under $42K. I can imagine used 2005s can be had for low 30's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom