Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
When I was in my 20's I allways drove vette's they were cheap then, and you are correct, life situation! No more vette's, 5 kids later grown up and gone. Now I'm 52 have a C3 & C4. Will have to get a C5 or skip a generation to go C6. Sure I can swing it but, thats a lot of dough for a car. I'm Cheap! :beer

i10fwy

I am 41 years young! My 06' black convertible is my first Vette, I will always have one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a 59 and 68 427. Owners of late model vettes for some reason tend to think they are better than us.

Have a 59 and 68 427. Owners of late model vettes for some reason tend to think they are better than us.

Really? I don't get that feeling from any Vette owner new or old if they are car guys! There is a group I think that buys a vette as a status thing or think they are cool. Now that rub's me a little :)

i10fwy :beer

First of all, please don't group us all together....I have an 09, but LOVE the older Vettes! I would love to have one of each! Now I can't afford all of those, and went with a later model partly because of warranty! I know enough to do some of the basics, but that's about it.

As far as those who buy a vette for status, I get it....some are jerks, but they would be jerks if they drove a Honda!

I'm a car lover....anything that feels good and fun to drive! I have owned a few mustangs, a charger, a couple of Japanese tuners, and now my vette!

I think you are off base Jack. I own a 2004 and a 2011 and I don't think I am better than anybody...wish I had your babies sitting in my garage also! I wave to all 'vette years...I am a non-discriminatory waver. :thumb

C6 at age 57 (March of this year)...first vette at age 26, a C3, 1980.

Last edited:
I do get his point though....I use to drive a mustang (owned a few in the past) and it seemed that nearly EVERYONE I passed, who drove a mustang as well, would wave or nod! Since I bought the Vette I see less of the camaraderie. For some reason, there are some pompous a$$-hats who can afford a vette, but don't really know how to appreciate it.

But that's just some....I wave to each one I pass, and get a 50% return ratio. Good enough for me. I know there are plenty out there who understand, and enjoy, the pleasure of a high performance vehicle!

i am 78 and on my 11th new corvette since 1959 and will have a C-7 good lord willing. :D

Attachments

• Clem and Patty.jpg
    Clem and Patty.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 125
Hooray for you Motorman! It's all good as long as you can get in and out of them. Keep up the good work.:thumb

62 and fortunate to have owned 20 Corvettes over the last 42 years.

Favorite: Of course, my first - 1958 fuelie, 4-spd, 4:11 positraction, all original w/super rare (now) RPO 684 Heavy Duty Brakes & Suspension option, "wide" 15x5.5 steel wheels w/"dog dish" ('58 Biscayne) hubcaps, Goodyear Blue Streaks and radio delete. Rare Charcoal w/matching coves, Red interior/white conv. top/Charcoal Auxilary hardtop. Bought it new from the original owner back in 1970 - my uncle. Still have the original owners manual. A TRUE sports car.

Runner-up: my current '06 Machine Silver Z06 for its handling, performance and technological advancements....and 20mpg overall.

Well, i bought my first (2006 C6 3LT F55 Convertible) at age 29 and then i bought my second (2012 3LT Grand Sport Centennial Edition) at age 30, so i dunno what that makes me, krazy i guess.. lol!!!

Well, i bought my first (2006 C6 3LT F55 Convertible) at age 29 and then i bought my second (2012 3LT Grand Sport Centennial Edition) at age 30, so i dunno what that makes me, krazy i guess.. lol!!!

No krazier than owning (3) '96 Corvettes IN 1996 or (2) '06 Corvettes IN 2006. ;shrug

Atta boy Motorman......that is what I hope to do also......I will just have the kids take me out and load me into my new C8 and drive me around in it......I'm 62 and on my 8th Corvette since I bought my 65 back in 1969 while at collage. I grew up with them and would like to have a few more before I move on.

60 years old

I have always said that before I die I want to own Corvette or Shelby GT500. Well, I ain't dead yet! Bought a new 2011 GS Coupe/Auto in August of 2011. Already traded it for a 2013 GS Coupe/Manual a couple weeks ago. My left leg still works fine making the fun factor much greater. Now as far as the dead thing, I just need to keep from killing myself in it! LOL!

Growing old is manditory. Growing up is optional!!

Sold the C5 and bought a 2010 GS 6M the other day.......62 years old.......Inside every old guy there is a young guy saying, "what the hell happened". :D

Sold the C5 and bought a 2010 GS 6M the other day.......62 years old.......Inside every old guy there is a young guy saying, "what the hell happened". :D

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is OPTIONAL! Congrats on your new ride. Enjoy the 6 speed manual. I do!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom