Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to change the gas pedal in an 85?

OSU-VETTE

Corvette
1985 Z51, Black with Purple Accents
The pedal broke at the plastic pivot point, the plastic where the metal pivot point attaches broke off, I can get up to the top of the pedal, but do not know how to take the cable off the top of the pedal.

It is obviously a rather tight fit, so I am having some difficulty reaching up and seeing, is there just a quick connect of some kind on the pedal mechanism? Looks that way from the pictures of the replacement on Ecklers and other sites, but no directions. Any help at all is appreciated, just replaced and adjusted the TPS plus cleaned the throttlebody (what a mess) and it fixed my idle problem. I think, shut it off pretty quickly when the pedal broke.

I also have a new cable I bought years ago, actually by accident, figuring this might be a good time to change the cable as well, not that it needs it, but I have it so....

Appreciate the help, also any suggestions where to pick up a cheap pedal vs the $70 all the big names want.

Jeff

Mr C - thanks for the offer, I am fairly close, although my biggest pain point right now is how to change the cable off the pedal, any ideas? It looks like a plastic clip goes over the opening at the top of the pedal, but I cannot see that far up...

Thanks again for your help, once I had an angle where I could see the cable without just feeling around, the replacement went very easy. I also did replace the throttle cable since I had one, feels like a whole new ride now!

:_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom