Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to fix weirdness...

T

Torchy2000

For those of you who might have seen my posts over the last few months, regarding; no start (1 in 5), codes being set (didn't see my Passkey™), gas gauge reads Zero (if filled past half-way), security light on dash (periodic lighting)...

Changed my Battery and *Poof*, it's all working perfectly!

..."all the little gizmo's just started whirring away...":Twist

Torchy

Cool. Now you don't have to worry about all of those things not working properly. It can get annoying I'm sure.

I think you just discovered how to re-boot a computer...

Wow . I can hardly believe it . I wouldn't think a slight decrease in voltage would do all that . I bet alot of members will be buying new batteries now . Thanks for the update !

Me too...

The fuel gauge, tire pressure monitor, check engine light, and occassionally, the memory settings...were working improperly and driving me to drink! Turns out, the battery needed to be replaced...love that warranty!

Yes, but...

My battery was also replaced- 99 with 12K miles. Gas gauge, door lock, tire pressure have never worked right, and various pieces now replaced, so far so good. But I never replaced a battery so fast before- is this to be expected, to replace battery every 3 years?
This car makes my SAAB seem cheap to maintain

Orange you glad

that you didn't change out that ignition!
Glad you found your problems.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom