Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to put a smile on your face!

lov-n-life

Corvette
2004 Commemorative Coupe
So I've now had my C5 for a little less than 2 months, have put about 3200 miles on, and I am starting to push the car and feel out the limits. Just about every day now it seems to amaze me in another way! This morning, however, didn't just amaze me, it blew me away and put a huge grin on my face. Here is this mornings fun. I was cruising down the highway on my way to work, stuck behind a beat up ford probe that had a donut spare on the right rear, blowing blue smoke, and generally just falling apart. AND, he was of course in the left lane. Go figure. So I see I have a short opening in the traffic ahead to pass him on the right, which I hate doing, but he was clueless and wouldn't move over, so I move over to the right lane, down shift to 3rd, and hammer it. This is where it got fun! :D Now, this particular stretch of road is perfectly flat, and the construction is that of course cement, lots of traction, even so the rear end broke loose! :bu All I can say is WOW!!! When it came undone, active handling kicked in, even as I was pulling even with the probe. About the time we were nose to nose, active handling turned back off, and with my foot still heavily planted, it was as if I had been hit from behind by a speeding train! I slingshot past him and have had a grin on face all morning! :D Now THAT is how to start a Friday! Just wanted to share :upthumbs

What better way to finish the week and start on the weekend! Do your cheeks still hurt from that big grin all morning? :D Everyone around must be "wondering" why you have that grin all morning? LOL Have a great weekend.:upthumbs

Z28Canuck said:
What better way to finish the week and start on the weekend! Do your cheeks still hurt from that big grin all morning? :D Everyone around must be "wondering" why you have that grin all morning? LOL Have a great weekend.:upthumbs
I'm always smiling, I drive the vette daily! So my smile muscles are well worked out! :D

MsSchroder said:
All RIGHT!
did you yell "OH BABY!"?

I would have :L
I was yelling something! ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom