Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to remove the CORVETTE lettering off the back?

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
How do you remove the back Corvette lettering off the back? Is there a trick to it or boes it just pop off or do you have to remove the rear end to get at it or do you go through where you put the gas in?

someone had put after market plastic stick on letters on the back of mine (in the depressions molded into the bumper cover) I kind of pried the letters off, then used a product from 3M to remove the adhesive. The product is for removing glue and glue on adhesive gunk and is worth the cost as it does not harm the paint. Acetone or laq thinner won't work without a lot of effort

an auto paint store will have the product or something similiar

I just took some "tacky" gold lettering off of the back of my 91 convertible. They are stick-ons and after 16 years of being on there, it just took some "Goo Gone" and a plastic scraper (or fingernail if you prefer) to get them off. Just get under an edge and pull. they'll come off. They'll probably break the letters and they will come off in pieces etc. Once you get them off, just work on and saturate the glue or adhesive tape that is left on with GOO GONE or other any similar product to break down the adhesive. Make sure you DON'T use anything that will harm the paint; read the label.
The rear end of my 91 looks good as new. It took me about 1.5 hours total with interruptions from my wife.
Best of luck.......

So the corvette on the back of an 84 is just stuck on? Is there guide whole under the corvette lettering? Is it also bolted on?

If I start pulling on the letters I don't want to rip the whole rear end off?

Thanks alot, will try to remove before paint.

Use 20lb.fish line. Work it behind emblem and use up and down motion, hold tight. This is a great way to remove moldings and not damage paint ect: Then use 3M cleaner to remove remaining adhesive

Nice Vette. I really like those wheels. What make and size are they?

Thanks

I believe they are BBS put on in the mid 80s. I have'nt seen another set like them anywhere. Someone said they were GTA trans am mid80s rims,but did compearsion were not.

Thanks for the close ups - I really do like them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom