Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How-To Section

Should the How-to section be separate or integrated into the Knowledgebase?

• Integrated

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Separate

Votes: 54 87.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Several members have suggested that we build a How-To section under the Tech Center section of the site.

Should it be integrated into the Knowledgebase which currently contains only Service Bulletins, Recall Notices and Service News information, or should it be its own section.

Tell us what you think:

How to section

:) Great idea. Specially for those of us who aren't exactly world class mechanics and want to do some of the simple things ourselves. A "How to section" would point the way and help keep us out of trouble:confused. What to look out for etc.

Once again a great idea!

Richard

Excellent idea, I think it should have its own section.

Great idea!

I think this is a great idea and deserves its own section.

Thanks Rob!

I'd say seperate it.. Great idea.. Especially for things that keep coming up as a reference..

-Stefan

Good idea. I also agree with the sentiment to keep it separate, for easier reference. :)

Fantastic idea!! It should have its own section but be subdivided by auto systems like the knowledgebase. This site just keeps getting better & better--thank you Rob

Great Idea!!! Seperate sections get my vote.

Great idea !
Definetly separate section.
Could be organized like the catalogs - Interior, exterior, engine compartment, brakes, etc. It needs some structure - but only minimal, maybe 4 or 5 parts to browse through.

I vote for a separate section.

Question:

Is this a section where members would be able to post solutions or repairs based on the member's experience with working on the car?

I would hope this would be something the members could contribute toward.

I've seen tech sections which members have added to. Their contributions are reviewed by the administrators and added to the tech section. Something to keep in mind is there more than one way to do a specific repair and similar posts to the section may be included. This allows members to utilize what they want from the methods used.

And once in awhile a post may not be the best solution for a repair so the tech section is not always the most accurate method and a disclaimer needs to be added to the section.

Just my $.02

Art

It is a great idea and would only serve to make CAC even more resouceful than it is now. A separate section does seem to make more sense.
:)

I was thinking integrated...The "How Too" linked off the knowledge base...
Go to a section to look up a service bulletin etc...the "How Too" is linked right from there...

But I'm lazy so...

Mike

I was thinking integrated...The "How Too" linked off the knowledge base...
Go to a section to look up a service bulletin etc...the "How Too" is linked right from there...

But I'm lazy so...

Mike
That's what I was thinking too. The categories are already set up in the Knowledgebase. So I could easily add another folder in....for example:

1997-2004 >> Engine and Drivetrain >> How-to

or

1997-2004 >> How-to >> Engine and Drivetrain, Exhaust, Tires and Wheels, etc.

I'll set it up however the majority wants it.

That's what I was thinking too. The categories are already set up in the Knowledgebase. So I could easily add another folder in....for example:

1997-2004 >> Engine and Drivetrain >> How-to

or

1997-2004 >> How-to >> Engine and Drivetrain, Exhaust, Tires and Wheels, etc.

I'll set it up however the majority wants it.

Perhaps it wasn't explained well enough...We have electronic manuals in the military...everything is linked, from the description of a landing gear system to the actual removal and reassembly. Included are links to the parts required by part number/stock number...We call it "Drillin down"...just keep clicking you'll find what you need...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom