Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How-To Section

Should the How-to section be separate or integrated into the Knowledgebase?

• Integrated

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Separate

Votes: 54 87.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rob,

Thanks for your efforts and web improvements. I voted for the "how-to" having its own call-out on the drop menu. I will definitely be using it. :upthumbs

GerryLP:cool

It needs to be separate, so it dosen't yet exist anywhere?

It needs to be separate, so it dosen't yet exist anywhere?
Not yet. I'm going to use a new software package for it and I'm trying to decide upon one of three. I'm hoping to have something up by early next week.

That's what I was thinking too. The categories are already set up in the Knowledgebase. So I could easily add another folder in....for example:

1997-2004 >> Engine and Drivetrain >> How-to

or

1997-2004 >> How-to >> Engine and Drivetrain, Exhaust, Tires and Wheels, etc.

I'll set it up however the majority wants it.

I voted before reading all the comments. After reading thru everything, I'd like to change my mind (it's the altitude, ya know) and vote for integrating into the knowledgebase. A gentleman a few comments back made a good point about "drilling down" and that works pretty darn good. Gives you one starting point and it's a clean way to find something without searching thru different topics/areas. I work for a major defense contractor and we do something quite simlilar with our processes and procedures.
Anyway, that's my .03 cents worth.
Scott

Inegrated

That's what I was thinking too. The categories are already set up in the Knowledgebase. So I could easily add another folder in....for example:
1997-2004 >> Engine and Drivetrain >> How-to
or
1997-2004 >> How-to >> Engine and Drivetrain, Exhaust, Tires and Wheels, etc.
I'll set it up however the majority wants it.

Was originally thinking separate, but the "drill down" argument has changed my mind. Given an integrated approach, I guess I would prefer the second example as described above, e.g. 1997-2004 >> How To >> "Category..."

Dave

Was originally thinking separate, but the "drill down" argument has changed my mind. Given an integrated approach, I guess I would prefer the second example as described above, e.g. 1997-2004 >> How To >> "Category..."

Dave
Too late. :D

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/howto/

The software that runs the Knowledgebase is extremely outdated and is no longer being worked on or supported by the software company that built it. Between now and the last release of that software, a lot of other Knowledgebase software has come along that is a lot better and is being expanded and refined by companies.

So I decided to make an investment and purchase a new Knowledgebase software for the How-to section.

I'm not 100% thrilled with it, but it meets the needs of the How-to section and depending upon what I find after further investigation, I'm going to either convert the Knowledgebase over to this software package, or, go with a completely different one.

In any case, I haven't publicized the How-to section much because I'm still tweaking it, and have another article to add to it, but you can check it out via that link above.

How to looks good. I think you need another area that is not year-specific.
Also an additional subcategory in each section called Unclassied, or Weird Stuff, or Supernatural (Vettes being the critters they are). You could examine these subs and move them as needed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom