Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HRE wheels....value?

Leatherhead

Hey everyone....ive come here for help from the experts.

I am attempting to help my brother sell his old set of HRE's to fund another set he is wanting. Problem is....I cant find these exact ones anywhere to find a value to sell them at.

Can anyone help me figure out what they're worth?

They are 3 piece wheels. They have Kumho Ecsta MX tires on them. 17" up front and 18" in the rear. 75%-ish tread left.

Any help is appreciated!

7c5dab6d09648e127a37c688d955d43f.jpg
870df699e7bbb39104931eff48343e6f.jpg
fa18a297254f56d50e17450e458ccf60.jpg
19fd7499f4c01d2759568f8d7e1611d3.jpg

HRE are high quality wheels. I was looking at a set back when I had my 2001. That being said, then when i found a set or two they would want $1200-1500.

You said the wheels were 17" and 18". How wide? I'm guessing 8.5" and 9.5".....!

HRE are high quality wheels. I was looking at a set back when I had my 2001. That being said, then when i found a set or two they would want $1200-1500.

You said the wheels were 17" and 18". How wide? I'm guessing 8.5" and 9.5".....!
Not sure exactly. The tire sizes are...

Fronts 245/45/17
Rears 275/40/18

Would that tell you the width of the wheels?

So $1500 for the wheels with tires would be ok? The tires are probably higher than 75%. I just rated them there conservitavely.

I'm guessing that with the tire sizes you are talking about, those are stock sizes, that the wheels are probably stock sizes as well (8.5 on the front 9.5 on the rear).

With the tires somewhere between $1500 and $1800 I would think. Problem is, finding someone who wants those wheels (nice wheels BTW) in those sizes.

Good luck with your sale.

The value joker in the deck is curb rash. Noticeable curb rash on a couple wheels will cut the value of a set in half, or more depending on the damage. Don't know if his wheels are damaged, but condition is very important. :upthumbs

The value joker in the deck is curb rash. Noticeable curb rash on a couple wheels will cut the value of a set in half, or more depending on the damage. Don't know if his wheels are damaged, but condition is very important. :upthumbs

I guess I was just assuming they were in good shape, Rich. But you are absolutely correct! :D

Thanks so much for the input guys. I think the wheel in the pic does have some rash on it.

Will HRE service them even though he us not the original purchaser? He heard a rumor that HRE repairs this kind of thing under a lifetime warranty.....

Thanks so much for the input guys. I think the wheel in the pic does have some rash on it.

Will HRE service them even though he us not the original purchaser? He heard a rumor that HRE repairs this kind of thing under a lifetime warranty.....

Don't know about HRE, but there are many alloy repair shops around the country. We have a local shop that picks up damaged wheels and drops them off good as new. I found them by asking the local MB dealership about their supplier.

I bought a set of I-Forged Swifts in stock sizes for $750.00. The wheels had some curb rash and hadn't been taken very good care of. I sent them to a wheel shop and had them polished and the curb rash repaired and I ended up with $1200.00 in them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom