Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hydroboost brake system

vette

Corvette
1966 coupe
Has anyone looked into using a hydroboost brake setup? I am thinking of using one in my 60 project instead of a vac. booster. Any thoughts? Brian G.

I am planning on using a hydroboost on my '59 project, mainly for underhood clearance issues. I bought a used unit off ebay and made a mounting bracket. It will probably be 5-6 months before I am ready to try it out. Here is a link to some pictures:http://www.carols62.com/59/nov04.htm
Charles

vette said:
Has anyone looked into using a hydroboost brake setup? I am thinking of using one in my 60 project instead of a vac. booster. Any thoughts? Brian G.

Brian,

There are a number of older threads here about this topic.

In the Search feature, search on the keyword HYDRABOOST. Also HYDROBOOST. You should find lots of ino in C2 and C3 threads.

Brian

The directives I had created prior to building my car (I will post them tonight ) was to build a car with the most modern state of the art componets I could find. (that would describe the HYDRO BOOST perfectly )

But one of my other directives was to have a clean and empty engine bay.As you know I am running a big Block motor and engine bay room is some what limited,I also have some major clearence problems with my headers,steering column shafts.So I had decided to go with just the standard vacum power booster to avoid the addtional power steering lines.

Best of luck I am not saying not to use,Just that I chose not to

Charles your motor looks GIANT in that engine bay.

Best of luck to both of you guys on your project

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom