Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I bought an L88 hood scoop

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
My hood is on the ground right now on its side so I can clean it so I can't exactly lay this thing on top of it to see if I like it. I did see the Frankensport hood (I love that car btw) and it seems that I will lose the long lean lines that attracted me to the 82 to begin with (well that and not enough money). So now I am not so sure.

Thoughts?

I also don't know what we are doing with the paint yet. My car at one point had these groovey pinstripes, 3 colors, around it and I wanted to incorporate some striping to honor those colors when the new paint goes on it. So I don't want to be over doing it. Decisions, Decisions

Which style of hood are you talking about, oceangal? The "stinger" L88 style (from the midyear big blocks) or the L88 style used for C3s? Although many folks prefer the stinger, I prefer the C3 original style. Some manufacturers make a long-hood version which would fit your Vette... Here's an image of both... although the C3 is kinda hiding...

-Mac

1967-L88-Corvette.jpg

Hey Mac,

How are you doing?

Its the one on the C3 in the background.

Hey Mac,

How are you doing?

Its the one on the C3 in the background.
Doing good... A bit too busy for my liking, both at work and at home, but I guess that's par for the course... How about yourself?

There's a couple of different "styles" of the C3 L88 hood. The high-rise version stands up a bit high for my liking but some folks prefer that look. The only reason I would go that way was if I had clearance problems. Otherwise, smooth lines are preferable to me.

-Mac

I am good thank you! I am anxious to drive the car, even if she is not painted or if she is just primed. It seems like spring is teasing us this year.

I'm hoping you take in progress photos :)
I bought one a few years ago, but I've been so busy the last 2 years I haven't had time to fill my '81 (which means I think I put a total of 100 miles on it in the last 2 years)

Lots of photos, on many different computers, some day I will put them all together on a webiste in a nice album.

L88 Hood

A couple of shots on the 68 thats the real thing

DS1247.jpg

D12cc.jpg

DSfff-1.jpg

Very nice, Wally. Thanks for sharing!!

-Mac

nice...post pics when it's done.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom