Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I Finally bought a Vette.

P

Piet

The Good
Well... I finally bought a vette.
1978 Corvette, 25th Silver Anniversary Edition.

Pictures attached.

The body is straight, no accidents, 3rd owner... have docs on all the other owners. Many extra parts (Alternator, T-Tops weather striping, bra, car cover, Hayes Manual, etc...)

All for $5,000 CDN

The Bad
I need to replace the steering column due to vandals trying to take a joyride. (Battery was out of the car at the time)

Pretty Excited... can't wait to work on her....

Congratulations on the purchase. Sounds and looks like you got a great buy! Enjoy working on it. I love those Shark cars!

Piet,

Congratulations! Those '78 Anniversary Editions are beautiful Vettes.

:w Jane Ann

congrats on the S A edition!!!

Congrats on the new ride. You might be able to replace the broken cover on your steering column without having to replace the complete assembly.

:)

Not sure how $5K CDN converts to US dollars, but it looks like you got yourself a good deal... congrats!

:w

Whooo Hooo
Manage to Hotwire the column last night. All Running All Good...!

It looks like I can replace the plastic gear to get the ignition to work.
Then figure how to make the column lock work.

Should the key lock the Trans as well?

FYI: It looks like I may be selling the Camaro to get some Corvette restoration cash.
1973 Camaro LT $7,500

There's a backdrive cable from the lever at the bottom end of the steering column (in the engine compartment) back to the transmission shift lever; if it's properly adjusted, you can't turn the key to "lock" unless it's in "Park" (or Reverse with a 4-speed).

:beer

Well, I found a local parts guy... has a column for $350.
I supply the Telescope Lock Ring, Steering Wheel, and horn button.

congrats on the vett,to buy that in australia it would be around 20k.there great to work on,most things you will be able to do your self,:upthumbs down here we call them the working mans toy lol:bash

Just purchased a 68 vette w/the L79 motor. What's my best options to increase some HP?

Just purchased a 68 vette w/the L79 motor. What's my best options to increase some HP?

A new motor. :L

Just kidding. It depends on your budget. It is up to you in terms of what you want to spend.

I don't think Vortec heads can be beat- $500 for a set of high flow heads complete.

Had a good friend that bought one of those 78SA brand spanking new.About 4 months later the car was parked in the front yard and it cought fire and burned to the ground.Man that was real bad.He did manage to save the rims and put them on his 77 Z/28.Looked real good.The ins co. replaced the car with a new 78sa.That one he had for years.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom