Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I found a treasure in an old box

jackfit

Corvette
66 Roadster Glen Green/Saddle
About forty years ago I had just bought my 66 roadster, (a 61 was my first car but it caught fire and melted) and I had a next door neighbor who had a 69 350 corvette and worked at a Chevrolet Dealership.

One day he comes over and gives me a book. It says Corvette 1953 Thru 1969 on the cover and has a lot of diagrams and pages and pages of numbered parts and just endless pages of lines of part numbers after each drawing.

Well , being 22 , why would I need a book full of numbers. Well I put it in a box and forgot about it. Last night I was going through some old boxes in the attic and I found the book.

My friend had given me the current dealership parts book for the corvette.
It has every assembly diagram and lists every part that the service department would need to fix a customer's car.

It has every bolt and their size , part # and how it fits. It was the computer screen of the time.

I have attached a few photos. If you need to know a part number, I now have a reference book to share with you. It looks like the book all the vendors stole pictures from, for their parts catalogs.

Tell me what you think and is this book common to have?

You may have to enlarge the photos to read the print. The forum program only allow so much pixels. If some body needs a good photo I will use photo bucket.

Jack

They were updated and reissued to the dealers 3 or 4 times a year. Old ones were given out to customers quite often. Also they could be purchased. I have many going back to 1929 in Chevrolets. I used to save them for customers at the dealer I worked at. It's a nice piece to have for reference.

Tom

Have fun. Mine is a 53-72 Corvette parts manual, and it has the performance parts addendum sheets inseted.

Mine is like yours. I used it a lot in the 80's and 90's when I was restoring or working on these cars a lot. Very usefull to call the dealer parts department and give him the number for the exact part I want.

As time went on, the part numbers were updated and changed, that is why they issued new books 4 times a year.

Today, I still use it when NOS parts are advertised on eBay. Many of those are service parts in the blue AC Boxes made in 1983 for a wigit used on 58-60. The old number in the black and gold GM box is "the real deal".

Still, your book is a great item for your library.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom