Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I found my car!!

J

Johnnykretentiv

Ok - I think I have found my car but I need to ask you kind folks for some guidance.

I originally wanted a targa or a vert. But I have found a beautiful FRC.

Here is the dirt -
6-speed
Stainless TriFlow Exhaust
K+N Air Filter
New Z06 Chrome rims
New Brigdestone Pole Positions
Speed Way White
Flawless interior and not a chip on the outside either.
It also has some rear brake vents and a Z06 badge on the fender. I would remove the Z06 badges. Let's please not turn this into a thread about how blasphemous that is.

This car is owned currently by an enthusiast who currently has several vettes. He has a 65, a C2 and a C3. Point being he takes car of his cars and loves Corvettes, seems like a good guy too.

Here is my question. Is 23K too much for this car? This owner has not advertised this car as I heard about it through word of mouth. I will be driving up to take a harder look at this thing later this week.

I know I need to check my emotions as the door but I am twitching with excitement!!!! Note - this would be my first Corvette.

Here is a pic.
Corvette.jpg

EDIT - I bought this car 5/5/07. It's all I imagined and more.

I think so too. I just want to get an objective point of view.

Good luck with the car and your emotions at the door.. They're awsome cars, new and old.

Enjoy

Johnny,

If it's as you described, it sounds good to me too. Here's a link to the CAC page Buying a Corvette - Click. Although you need not be concerned about numbers matching and such, there is a very good checklist to guide you through the process.

You can also check the book value of the Vette, but in the end it boils down to how much are you willing to pay and the current owner willing to accept.

Good luck!
Keep us posted!
:w Jane Ann

Go for it, sound's like a great deal to me. The main question though is why is he selling it? Good deal's come along and you should go for it! It happpened twice for me with my two.:upthumbs :upthumbs

Go for it, sound's like a great deal to me. The main question though is why is he selling it? Good deal's come along and you should go for it! It happpened twice for me with my two.:upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs

He selling it because he just doesn't drive it enough. He ends up driving his other Vettes more often. He loves the car but needs to give it to a home that will get more use out of it.

Thanks for the check list XLR8.

I'd worry about how the Z06 badges are attached; how easily they will come off and any paint discoloration?

Looks like a nice FRC. Very clean looking. Z06 badges should come off fairly easy. I wouldn't suggest that the need to be removed.I would probably leave them on.But if you ever sell the car just disclose that it is not a true Z06.

I'd worry about how the Z06 badges are attached; how easily they will come off and any paint discoloration?
A little "Kent" Release Agent, and they will about fall off!!!!!:upthumbs

Johnny,

There weren't a lot of speedway white FRC's or Z06's made. That alone makes this car unique.

Remo:cool

spring07.JPG

Johnny,

There weren't a lot of speedway white FRC's or Z06's made. That alone makes this car unique.

Remo:cool

I was about to make that same observation, Remo. White is a pretty rare color for the FRC/Z06 design.

Johnny, that '99 is a definate keeper.

-Patrick

Hey Everybody! I just got home from work and I was really excited to see all the responses on this thread. Usually I check on my Blackberry but I was in no man's land and had poor coverage.

I just landed a GREAT deal on a Tuf Shed (one of my requirements before the Vette) now I will have plenty of room in the 3 car garage for the car.

From what it sounds like here I will most certainly be buying this car. This guy that mentioned it to me said that a FRC in Speed Way white is super rare and makes this car really special.

The badges should come off fine and the color is pretty safe since it stored in the garage and they are only about 6 months old. Not too worried about that.

I am pumped!!

Johnny, after reading the posts by Remo and Patrick I decided to see what numbers we have in the CAC database. You can find production numbers for the 1999 model on this page click here.

It looks as though there were only 311 Arctic White Hardtop Domestic coupes (aka Fixed Roof Coupe or FRC) built in 1999. :upthumbs

Good luck!
:w Jane Ann

Yep - I just talked to the owner and he mentioned that exact fact (311). I sure hope everything works out. I may be adding pictures to the White C5 Thread soon.

Hey Johnny, Here some good Advise "BUY THE CAR IT'S BEAUTIFUL" YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THE FRC. THERE LIGHT AND FAST I HAVE ONE ALSO ENJOY.....DR C5 CORVETTE
PS: If you remove the Z06 badges and side vents send them to me I'll take them thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom