Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I got 30 MPG from an LT1 ??? and you?

I took my car up to Whidbey Island (the long way, missed the ferry) and I got 30mpg round trip. Its a Ruby and I used the cruise control most of the way. Some of the drive is freeway and some is highway/35mph road through a state park. It was a good drive, crisp November morning and on the way up little traffic and the way down more normal traffic.

My Ruby got better mileage than the wife's Saturn Vue on the same trip with cruise control. She wasn't happy...

The best I ever saw (manually calculated) in my 92 vert (A4 with 2.73 gears) was a tank full that hit 31.4 when I was coming back from the 50th Celebration in Bowling Green. It was on I-40 going from Oklahoma City to Albuquerque, NM.

For most of that leg, the group I was with maintained about an 81-83 cruise control-set speed. What I found interesting was speeds around 70-75 actually got worse mileage which I calculated at around 28-29.

The average I got for the entire trip of 6600 miles was 25.3. Not bad considering assorted local trips around Bowling Green and Nashville, country- side tours, and managing to hit 100MPH+ at least once in each of the 16 states I went thru. The only thing I did to the car was new plugs and wires before the trip.

My displayed fuel consumption was within 1MPG of the manual calculations.

Look at my sig.

I get 30 consistently on the highway.

Of course, somewhat less around town. I seem to have a hard time not putting my foot into it! :rotfl

At least the greenhouse folks can't say we aren't doing our part! ;LOL

SAVE THE :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom