Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! I have several HELP issues:

401KVet

Corvette
1980 L82 Coupe, Black
;helpI'm still trying to get my new first time Vette ready for a inspection sticker. Got her tuned and detailed and took my first real ride in it today. A whole 5 miles. But I need some help.

1. The brake lights or not working. Of coarse the first thing I checked was the bulbs. Not it. The next thing I was going to go to is the brake light switch. Does anyone has any suggestions from there, or before there?

2. The left side marker light, the bottom white, does not work. Changed bulb. Also the right side marker light, bottom white, only comes on will you turn on the right turn signal, and the top orange blinks.The two top orange lights or on all the time when the headlights or on. Is this the way its suppose to be?

3. The right compartment behind the passenger seat, under the box where the jack is has some electrical stuff, and one looks to be unplugged, not sure. What's all that?

4. Does anyone know what kind of paint is on the 80. Laquer, enamel?

Thanks to all for the help.
Glenn:)

Hi Glenn and Welcome to CAC.

Those lower white lights are turn lights that come on to light up the corner when you turn. The orange lights are marker and turn signal.

The relay boxes in the storeage compartment; I don't recall what all of them are. One is wiper relay.

Hope this helps in some way,
Gary

What's all that?

#1 As stated=delay wiper relay
#2 Power antenna relay
#3 Theft deterrent electronic control module.
PG :beer

1. The brake lights or not working....Does anyone has any suggestions from there, or before there?...

Fuse. Switch. Ground on rear harness.

... 4. Does anyone know what kind of paint is on the 80. Laquer, enamel?...

All St. Louis cars used acryllic lacquer.

Purchase a reproduction 1980 owner's manual if you do not have an original. The assembly instruction manual (AIM) and the GM chassis and service manual would be helpful and are worth the cost.

:)

Mike,

Looking in the owners manual, I don't see a fuse for the brake lights. ???
Yes, I have a ordered the AIM manual from Eckler's, but it hasn't come in yet.
Thanks,
Glenn

check the grounds, have you used a meter to check for voltage?? turn it dc, get a good ground and then see if 12volts is present, if it is, then its a ground issue, maybe its rusted at point of ground or something like that. on electricial problems a meter is needed to shoot the trouble, not just asking questions, testing is the best way. then ask questions. no brake lights could be caused by the turning signal in the steering column also.

Welcome

Welcome to CAC!
:CAC

I like your name, "401KVet" - is there a story behind it??

Ralph

Yes there is. You guessed it. I've waited 53 years for my first and probably only Vette. I decided to wait no more.

Glenn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom