Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I just purchased an 85 $4350!!!!!

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
I just purchased an 85 black auto for $4350. 88000 miles. It needs a few things in the interior. But not bad for the price.

It is getting shipped to me from the US.

It needs a new dash pad, and a few plastic bits on the interior.

Some people can't be bothered with small cosmetics.

I want to see the performance difference between my 84 with chip and stat, K&N, pulleys, throttle performance chip, random cat, cat back eliminator mufflers, shift kit, air pump replacement pulley, +4 plugs, 8.8 mm plug wires.

Against a stock 85?

Nelson84, Hi, Some people call them cosmetic's, other's call them detail's, and it shows in the final product or in this case a Vette.............

I just purchased an 85 black auto for $4350. 88000 miles. It needs a few things in the interior. But not bad for the price.

USD or CAD? Either way sounds like a good deal.

$4350 US unfortunately but = to $5002.50 Canadian.

I have had TPI envy since 1991 when I bought my 84 crossfire.

I bought a superram last year and was going to change over the crossfire but this way should be alot easier TPI to superram TPI.

Now I have to very similar vettes, easy to get parts and interchangable.

I think the 84 will edge out the 85 until I put a little work into the TPI and I should be into the low 12's with the superram and a few other goodies.

My 84, does the 1/4 in 14 flat, the stock TPI should be 14.5.

I remember seeing a blue vette, either 88 or 89 for sale by my house. I don't know how many miles, but it looked like it ran, it had the 88-89 style wheels that were painted blue to match the color of the car. All I saw was $2500 written on the window. That thing was gone like you wouldn't believe. heh

Anything under $5000 these days is pocket change for most people. I don't understand why these vettes are going so cheap. You look on ebay and other cars like Z28s or mustangs are going for more than vettes:confused .

Is it just me or don't people realise the performance difference between these cars? It use to be a Z28 was a poor mans vette, I should know I use to own a Z28. Now they cost the same or sometimes more.

I should be into the low 12's with the superram and a few other goodies.

I hope you are right, but I think that is optimistic. Mid to low 12's is Z06 and ZR1 territory. They have 400HP, so unless you get a whole lot more ponies...

I hope you are right, but I think that is optimistic. Mid to low 12's is Z06 and ZR1 territory. They have 400HP, so unless you get a whole lot more ponies...

Cam, heads, superram, headers, shift kit, chip, will give me 410 hp to 430 hp, and a little shot of NOS will be low 12's.

Congrats on the purchase. Add some 1.6-1 roller tipped rockers to that 84 and you'll see a very real performance increase! Otherwise the 85 is gonna be out in front.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom