Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I know this is taboo to some,But.....post pics of flares or wheels or both or custom

Here's my ride with flares!

IMG_5595.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5603.jpg

Here's mine again, with the home built suspension I moved the rear wheels backwards about 3" to get the wheels centered in the flares, often you see the wheel looks to be too far forward because of flare positioning (can't move flare further forward because of the door gap)

touchdown14.jpg

Here's mine again, with the home built suspension I moved the rear wheels backwards about 3" to get the wheels centered in the flares, often you see the wheel looks to be too far forward because of flare positioning (can't move flare further forward because of the door gap)

touchdown14.jpg
Why cant a person just make the trailing arms couple inches longer to achieve that goal?

You can do that but you'll have to use rod ends on the struts otherwise the geometry will be beyond what the bushings are designed for. You will also run into potential problems with the spring, a sway bar if you have one, parking brake cables, halfshafts... there's more to it than just modifying the trailing arms

You can do that but you'll have to use rod ends on the struts otherwise the geometry will be beyond what the bushings are designed for. You will also run into potential problems with the spring, a sway bar if you have one, parking brake cables, halfshafts... there's more to it than just modifying the trailing arms

I guess your right,there would be more to it then just lengthening the arms.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom