Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! I need an advice

Wow, that seems a bit overpriced to me.......like double? Are you planning on driving it? If so, then you are wasting money on that low mileage. If not, why buy it? Saving it, with the thought of using it as an "investment" is a bad plan......just look at the guys that have done that in the past (I immediately think of the 1978 Pace car edition, guys were buying them up for well over sticker price like 50-75% above in the day), they haven't turned out too well. Buying a car as an investment is NOT a good strategy, ask any financial planner.

My personal opinion is, that car is $50 - $55 MAX. But it's your money and you can spend it the way you want. As far as the dealer....just by seeing the price on the car, he seems like a high end guy...and out of my price range. Good luck, but for that price, I'd look around a bit more. JMO

That whole post seemed a little warped to me, but maybe not.... I wasn't going to click on that that link.

That whole post seemed a little warped to me, but maybe not.... I wasn't going to click on that that link.

I did a search for the website, before I clicked to make sure it was a legit company.......still not 100% positive. But that's the ad.......;squint:

If you pay that much for a 2013 C6 then I've got some ocean front property in Iowa to sell you!

Haha!

I'm giving the new guy a big break, as he may not know that is a huge price. Lots of people have un-realistic ideas about how much Corvettes cost. The uninitiated, don't know. I'm glad he came here to ask, and I hope that we set him straight on the unrealistic price of that car.

Actually, not sure he's been back since his first post.

Just checked, he hasn't...... at least he hasn't logged in.

Well...one reason it's priced at 96-large is the mileage...only 58. Still that's pretty expensive for a C6 convertible.

Also, I think I'd like to know more about how it's equipped, ie is it 3LT or 4LT? Is it an automatic or a six-speed. Magna-Ride or not? Z51 or not?

With that info you can come back here and get some opinions on what offer to make.

From the dealer's website

Classic Car Dealership Hickory NC Used Cars Paramount Classic Cars

This 58 mile Showcased 2013 60th Anniversary edition Corvette 427 Convertible still smells new, the package boasts an Arctic White exterior and a Blue Diamond leather-wrapped interior with suede-microfiber accents. The optional graphics package adds a classic track-ready appearance with full-length racing stripes in Pearl Silver Blue that run the length of the vehicle, including the interior. The convertible top even continues the appearance with stitched stripes. The package also includes gray-painted brake calipers, a ZR1 rear spoiler and 60th Anniversary badging on the wheel center caps, steering wheel and seat head restraints to give a finishing touch to this sleek and distinctive appearance.Calling back legends of the big block 427 convertibles of the mid 1960s, the 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible brings the supercar performance to the ?top down? experience. That?s 0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds, a top speed of 190 mph on the test track and 505 horsepower with the wind in your hair. Remember to breathe. At the heart of 427 Convertible is the 7.0-liter (427 ci) LS7 aluminum-block V8, handcrafted by our own skilled engine craftsmen at the GM Performance Build Center where owners are invited to play a part with the optional Corvette Engine Build Experience. The engine incorporates lightweight titanium intake valves and connecting rods and contains a high-performance dry-sump oil system, which distributes pressurized oil to protect vital components under high-g driving conditions. It?s track-ready power tucked within the classic Corvette convertible body for the first time in 60 years. Everything on the 427 Convertible works together to create stability during high-speed handling. The optional Carbon Fiber front splitter and side rockers from the ZR1 and Z06 help reduce lift, which helps keep the 427 grounded while maneuvering at high speeds. Standard Magnetic Selective Ride Control?, which provides increased wheel control by dramatically reducing heave, pitch and roll even

Last edited:
Still too much money for the car IMO. Love those models, though.

Ok.
It's a 427 Convertible with only 58-mi and it has the 60th package, the carbon package and the 60th stripe.

I would argue that a 427 Convertible is not exactly "track ready" but that's probably irrelavent in this case.

The MSRP on that car was about 82-large.

At this point in time, I don't think the car is special enough to warrant paying that. Offer 70-large and see what happens.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom