Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I need battery info guys?

I think this is your problem. . .possibly overcharging the batteries. If you charge them too much you build up heat and pressure inside that can damage them. The conditions you describe (sitting for up to 3 weeks) should not require any charging or battery tender at all. Your batteries (any auto batteries) should be able to handle that in a car in good condition with no problem. If your battery can't sit that long and still start the car, you have a parasitic drain somewhere or a bad connection. I use a Walmart battery in my C4 and it sits up to three weeks with no problems whatsoever. It will sit (albeit disconnected) in my freezing cold garage all winter and start first thing in the Spring.

Most battery chargers do not automatically fully shut off, they simply go down to very low amperage as the battery nears full charge. . .but they still charge. . .and that can damage your battery. I know a bit about these things. . .I use to work for a battery charger company!
Worked for a battery chg. co?? You dont know $hit about charging a battery--a maintainer keeps it fully charged just like driving a car every day!!!

Worked for a battery chg. co?? You dont know $hit about charging a battery--a maintainer keeps it fully charged just like driving a car every day!!!

Leftoverture is CORRECT! No need to be so hostile especially when you apparently dont understand proper terminology nor how a car charging system works!

When you start your car or use electric devices when "...driving your car every day" it drains the battery and the voltage regulator limits how much current from the alternator to "send" to the battery so it doesnt "cook/fry".
Leftoverture was clearly responding about a trickle charger that CONSTANTLY charges a battery and WILL overcharge (cook) the battery.
A floating charger, or "maintainer" acts like a regulator in that it supplies current until the battery is charged to a pre set level. The battery then slowly discharges based on draw from the car's electrical system or long term storage. When the level drops to a certain voltage the floating charger then supplies current yet again.
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom