Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I need some help from any one with nitrous

I

iceburgh68

What kits are out there and what is the best. I am looking for about 100 shot. A buddy of mine has a kit on his WS-6 and there is a switch that is next to the throttle body that turns the system on at full throttle. This will not work on a C-5 so if any of you have a kit I would like to hear about it and installation.
Santa is going to be nice to me so I need to tell her what and where to get it.

N20 Kit

I have a kit made from NOS parts (dry setup) with a NX pressure activated bottle warmer. It has one solenoid, and a fogger. For a full throttle switch, you can wire it onto your gas pedal, or you can buy an electronic switch that runs off your throttle position sensor. For a good kit with all the goodies, expect to pay about 1000. I got mine from MTI here i houston. Their number is 281-870-8787. They will ship anywhere. I ran the line from the back compartment out of the vent hole on the drivers side inside the panel that goes right into the fenderwell. I ran the line inside the body panel and it comes out under the brake booster. I wire-tied my solenoid to the brake booster, then put the nozzle into the Ram air box that i have.
bottle.jpg
noid.jpg
Something i forgot to mention is i would highly recommend getting a RPM switch that activates it between certain rpm's. Give MTI a call and they can answer any questions you might have

Daren

Lovinthec5 Thanks...did you do the work your self or have some one do it. What type of tools will I need and how long should it take?

yes

I did all the work myself, except for tapping into the computer wire for the tach signal. It is a whole day job, especially if you have never done it before. Simple hand tools, and some wire loom, some wire crimping equipment, and a drill, and you should be set. Follow the instructions carefully, cuz if you dont, you could end up with a blown engine.

Daren

I know 3 guys running the TNT kit, 2 C5's and one C4. All of them love the kit. The TNT kit comes with a "power ring" for the nozzle installation. It's a very cool looking set-up.

I have a NX kit that will be going in soon. Whatever you decide to go with, I would recommend a wet kit, which the TNT and NX kits are, for the added safety of additional fuel being injected with the nitrous. Also, I would also recommend a fuel pressure safety switch. It will kill your nitrous if your fuel pressure drops to an unsafe level.

The installation is easy. The hardest part is running the wires and making all the connections. I'm building a wiring harness to make installation and removal easy. Plus, the installation has to look very clean. I hate sloppy jobs.

I would give yourself a weekend, depending on how many haors a day you will work on it. I would also HIGHLY recommend you draw out a wiring diagram BEFORE you start. Make a diagram of the complete system!!! This way, you can review everything and make sure it will work. I just did mine tonight at work (shhh, don't tell my boss).

One last thing to keep in mind, TNT is the ONLY manufacturer that gives their HP ratings for HP at the rear wheels. NX and NOS are crank HP ratings. My buddies C4 has a 125 shot and when we dyno'd it, it came out a bit higher then 125 HP, 134HP if I remember right (401 RWHP total).

iceburgh68 said:
What kits are out there and what is the best. I am looking for about 100 shot. A buddy of mine has a kit on his WS-6 and there is a switch that is next to the throttle body that turns the system on at full throttle. This will not work on a C-5 so if any of you have a kit I would like to hear about it and installation.
Santa is going to be nice to me so I need to tell her what and where to get it.

By the way, what switch are you talking about near the throttle??? I know of a guy that was using the NX kit with a microswitch on the throttle (I now have the kit) along with a guy that has a small black box that takes the voltage reading off of the throttle position sensor. Both are/were used on C5's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom