Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I Needed Therapy

G Winter

Corvette
1990 red convert 6 sp
The weather has been very mild, with little additional snow. The snowbank in front of the corvette stall melted away. The roads are dry for the most part, so yesterday I took her out. WOW! I only took her for about 30 miles total but I think now I may survive the winter. I had a nice flat stretch of road no traffic so I ran her hard through the gears.. 125 in 5th grear with 500 rpm to go! What a rush after not driving her for 2 months.:lou You guys down south are really fortunate not to have the winter weather. Looks like it is going to be dry again today, I just make take her out one more time before the snow hits agian. Thanks for listening , I really had to get this out.

Glenn
:w

I use to store my vetts for 5-6 months at a time and when you get that Jan/Feb chance to get em out wow what a feeling.82 more days till April 1st doesn't seem all that long anymore.Now when you hit that long flat stretch ,be honest now-didn't it feel like the car was calling to you "lets get it on" like a caged animal just released !! I know the feeling . Steve

Well I do feel lucky, The weather been nice here in the mid 70's and light wind here in Okla. It's nice to drive around with the top off. I drive a company truck all week and sure is nice to get the 85 vette out on these nice weekends. Jeff

The weather stayed good today. Drove the vette to church this morning. Sure is tough to keep the foot out of it. A vette just don't like to run 60 mph, just wasn't bred for that. Kind of like riding a race horse, have to hold back on the reins all the time or she will get away.Snow moving in again late today,could be awhile before she sees the road again.

Glenn
:w:lou

aboatguy said:
Glad to hear your out driving the Vette!

Unlike many I don't fault you for driving your vette in the snow. Our snow conditions are very diff from yours, I spent a winter in Colorado Springs. aroung here the wide tires just do not work in the snow. Many times we have 3 ft drifts on the roads. It just isn't worth the chance to take the vette out when there is any chance of snow. Also there are just to many stupid people that have no clue how to drive on a slippery road. The fear of the other guy is what keeps my vette parked in the winter. I can't afford the deductable when some clown doesn't have insurance.

Glenn

G Winter said:
Unlike many I don't fault you for driving your vette in the snow. Our snow conditions are very diff from yours, I spent a winter in Colorado Springs. aroung here the wide tires just do not work in the snow. Many times we have 3 ft drifts on the roads. It just isn't worth the chance to take the vette out when there is any chance of snow. Also there are just to many stupid people that have no clue how to drive on a slippery road. The fear of the other guy is what keeps my vette parked in the winter. I can't afford the deductable when some clown doesn't have insurance.

Glenn

Sorry to hear that you have to park it, and I am still glad to hear that you were able to get out for a drive.

There are a bunch of non-driving folks here too. I find irony when I go tooling by and see some clown in his/her urban assualt vehicle has slid/or is sliding off the road because they did not drive IAW conditions.
I don't like it when they are sliding towards me. But I figure if they have the gas money to drive a big old tank around they have the assets to take care of their liabilities.

Remember slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
:beer
Mike

It's been beautiful here as well. I have had the vette out the last three days in a row. I too, drove her to church this morning It is really nice to get her out for a little therapy.

BTW coming home, I had a guy in an Aerostar van follow me out of town, right on my rear (here I am minding my own business), well when we get to the edge of town I step on it a little to widen the gap, boy did that feel good.

I did the same thing. I reside in NJ and so far the winter hasnt been to bad. My Vette club had their annual dinner this past Sat night and I fired up the 71 BB and drove it to our dinner. When I walked in the restaurant I was surprised nobody else took theirs!!! Beautiful cool evening no bugs to splatter your windows and no road salt.When I mentioned this they all said...Ya know he is right and they all are driving their cars today and tomorrow. I may have to shoot over to Staten Island NY ( my 35th is stored there) and take it out for some exercise. May even bring the 71 there and take the 88 back home. I have a 2 1/2 car garage but the wifes truck is in the other spot....Countdown till spring begins!!!!:Steer

Anthony

MRANT212 said:
no bugs to splatter your windows and no road salt.When I mentioned this they all said...Ya know he is right and they all are driving their cars today and tomorrow.:Steer

Anthony

That is a good point, no pesky bugs to remove from the front of your Corvette after a jaunt!

B17Crew

Sunday was a great day to take a quick trip to Cape May to visit some relatives. There wasn't a lot of traffic, roads were dry, temp in fifties. It's a shame the round trip was only 150 miles. I felt like more.
Only saw one other Vette the whole day. Too bad.

Well at least one other Vette was cruising in South Jersey on Saturday. My goddaughter turned 11 last week so for her birthday I picked her up (Harrison Twp.) in the Vette and we went to see the Narnia Chronicles (Deptford Mall).

I think she was a BIT more excited about the movie than the "limo" ;) . However, my sister has 4 kids and is in the minivan/Honda Accord mode. When the weather's warm and I come by with the Vette sans Targa, I can't get away without giving each of 'em a ride!

B17Crew said:
That is a good point, no pesky bugs to remove from the front of your Corvette after a jaunt!

B17Crew

Hah, I thought that too. I just washed my '88 and took her out for a drive. I bet there was only one moth in the whole county, and of course he flew into my windshield.

ZumZum said:
Hah, I thought that too. I just washed my '88 and took her out for a drive. I bet there was only one moth in the whole county, and of course he flew into my windshield.

Those darn moths must have Corvette radar! :L

B17Crew

Winter Storage?

I can't imagine putting her up for the whole winter. We get snow around here but there are still plenty or opportunities to remove the cover and let the horses run!

I drive my '96 every day as long as there isn't any snow in the forecast and the streets are decent. Last Saturday it was close to 70 degrees here and I couldn't resist taking the car out not once, but twice, for a cruise. Nothing like it!
Barbie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom