Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I saw this today and am wondering if it's for real?

SANOLS1 said:

23_4.JPG

d9_4.JPG

US $850,704.00 holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a lot of Dimes. :W

1f_4.JPG

That is one wicked ride. 560HP back then must have been a rocketship. :drool:

67HEAVEN said:
This L-88 (??) has nothing to do with the topic of the "Gulp" thread, so it now has its own thread.

Oops, soory about that. Rookie mistake. :bash I was hoping you (67HEAVEN) might chime in and shed some light on this. I hope to acquire one of these older models at some point in the future so my curiosity was aroused when I saw this.

SANOLS1 said:
I was hoping you (67HEAVEN) might chime in and shed some light on this.

We'd love to talk this one over, but we're up to our ass in alligators right now. ;) No doubt there are plenty of experts ready to issue a ruling, however.

Suffice it to say that you can pick up a rough to average BB midyear for under $50,000 if you're willing to do some work on it......a lot more if you want a really nice numbers-matching '65 L-78, '66 L-72 or '67 L-71.

A '67 L-88???? Unless your last name is Gates, forget it. ;)

:w

It's been discussed and "over-discussed" on the other corvette forum. The general consensus seems to indicate that it is a fake.

tigernut said:
It's been discussed and "over-discussed" on the other corvette forum. The general consensus seems to indicate that it is a fake.

Yup, it's ABSOLUTELY a fake. :eyerole

Well, this morning when I was first sent the link to this car I was shocked. The reason I received it was I had mentioned to a coworker that my wife said she wanted to start looking for one of those older models that we could fix up. I don't get down to this end of the forums much but I figured it was the place to find out what the heck.

Then I read the OTHER thread in this forum from the beginning to end. Now I'm sorry I ever brought it up. :ugh That was a pretty harsh read. My apologies for broaching this subject again.
I hope to be spending a lot more time here in this forum as I start my search for the second car. :D

I know the guy and he is a wondeful person that is willing to help others..I can't imagine he would fake a car! :eyerole :D :) :)

:WI hope the guy that built this is not a member here.:W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom