Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I want more Hp out of an 350 L48

raceman

Corvette
I´m just an owner of a 350 corvettw -74 350 (L48 I guess)with 4 speed gearbox. Standard engine less than 200 horsepower, it is not good enough. My knowledge have to be improved about V8 engines. I want 375-400. I got when I bought the car some new parts: Cam Erson E110421 (296° IN 228° IN .472" IN 108°. 0° .000" IN. 5750. Hi-Flow IH) Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock carb 650 Thunder AVS , and headers. Next step have to be something with the heads and comp I guess. What ? Can anybody give me some support?

Thanks

I´m just an owner of a 350 corvettw -74 350 (L48 I guess)with 4 speed gearbox. Standard engine less than 200 horsepower, it is not good enough. My knowledge have to be improved about V8 engines. I want 375-400. I got when I bought the car some new parts: Cam Erson E110421 (296° IN 228° IN .472" IN 108°. 0° .000" IN. 5750. Hi-Flow IH) Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock carb 650 Thunder AVS , and headers. Next step have to be something with the heads and comp I guess. What ? Can anybody give me some support?

Thanks

Jegs has a Blueprint engine for around 3k. Just drop it in and use your existing accessories. It is a 355 pushing 385hp. Sound like a what you want?

The cam will give you the biggest boost, the headers a little bit if you run dual exhaust.

The carb and intake will do nothing at all- the stock components are just as good.

You're correct about heads and compression but dollar for dollar a comeplte crate engine is the best bet as Dark suggested.

BTW- where are you located in Sweden?

The cam will give you the biggest boost, the headers a little bit if you run dual exhaust.

The carb and intake will do nothing at all- the stock components are just as good.

You're correct about heads and compression but dollar for dollar a comeplte crate engine is the best bet as Dark suggested.

BTW- where are you located in Sweden?

Thanks for your support but to buy an engine from US? its not exactly in the neighbourhood I have to think about that. I located in a small town not so far from Gothenburg

I read up a little bit on your cam. Not the best choice for a street engine, especially with stock heads and compression.

Not sure about shipping costs to Sweden or local machining capabilities, but I know there's lots of Corvettes and other GM products near you. Maybe some body local can help.

I asked about your location as we have close friends who live in Aseda- not too far away!

summit racing sells two pairs heads for a good price. They just came out with a new street strip head I believe for 1000, but you can get most namebrand aftermarket heads for that price. I have the chevy remake fuelie heads by summit and have been very statisfied over the stock heads, They ran me $600 for the pair. www.summitracing.com They ship over seas for a 24$ handling fee + shipping.

Mikey, what is your recommendation on a cam?

I hesitate to give any one-size-fits-all recommendations for individual components that are heavily dependant on many other components or systems in order to work properly. The cam in question seems to be mainly for track use (no bottom end power) and is intended for use with better than stock L48 heads and compression.

I also rarely delve into aftermarket components as they are frequently no better than top shelf OEM stuff.

Nothing wrong with an LT1 or L82 cam for street driven engine in my mind. :beer

Most of people here have heard this from me.

Directly from GM

ZZ383

or a

ZZ4

Hey Vette Kid nice video. What color is your vette? From the lighting in that video it looks pink. I know that is not factory color unless it is a Mary Kay car. LOL

Seriously what is the actula color?

Read the one titled "Horsepower goal". Might give you some options.

L-48upgrade.jpg

L-48upgrade20001.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom